Might sell MX for ZX

Off-Topic Discussions

Might sell MX for ZX

Post by Guest »

Well I love my MX but Im just sick of it, theres to many probs with it, not fast, no money to make it fast, I feel like Im gonna break my legs getting in and out of it(6'2)I dont know its just a pain in my *** now.<p>I was looking at prices and figured if I saved a bit and found a good deal on the auto trader for a 300ZX. I'd get one by the summer. Well now im hering insurence can get up to $10000 for one. Thats crazy, well I think Ill just have to wait, anyone have any input?

Re: Might sell MX for ZX

Post by Guest »

Well Im retarded, I forgot I can just get an instant quote online, It'll be about 270 a month for a 2+2, is that the twin turbo?? anyways thats only 30 more then I pay now.
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sureshiit:
Well Im retarded, I forgot I can just get an instant quote online, It'll be about 270 a month for a 2+2, is that the twin turbo?? anyways thats only 30 more then I pay now.<hr></blockquote><p>I thought there was 3 models..<p>2 seaters
2+2
and Twin Turbo<p>
But I don't get it.. put in a 2.5l, that is 3000$-4000$ canadian at A-spec.<p>And you'll get something weight: power rather similar.. It is up to you..<p>----<p>I just saw the other prob.. Yeah, you might be considering something for a taller person. A friend of mine told me he won't buy my car for the exact same reason...<p>[ January 17, 2003: Message edited by: Manach ]</p>
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Twin turbo models are hard to find in a 2 seater, most are 2+2 auto's. They also had a convertible 300zx.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Post by Guest »

ya i read up last night a little more, id probably get the n/a version which is 220bph, but seriously its all about leg room, if i test drive one and its the same story as my mx i wont get it.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

You could just rip the front seats out of the mx, or rip out the back ones and move the front ones back there. :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Post by Guest »

haha ya true" :) but ya obviously theres more reasons then that if i wanna get rid of my mx, i love the car in general, buttt, all the things i want done with it will cost way too much, new seats, new engine, new suspesion, painted different color, redo interior, new rims and tires, new exaughst, rear mud guards, and the list goes on, so i might aswell spend half the money and get a car that has everything i want, and ive always wanted a zx.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

More potential from the zx too cause its real wheel drive, if you have any questions, go to www.zcar.com its a great chat forum, and they have sections for every Z ever made and also a very cool car chat forum. With Z's its more of a family,a lot of that has to do with how long Z's have been around, and theres a lot of older guys on the forum. where as here there's more tension, but its still a great site.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Post by Guest »

ya for sure man thatnks alot for the info!
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

No problem man, one thing my friend did with his Z for insurance is he had his mom call in and set it up, when they asked if it was 2+2 or 2 seater, she said, "I don't know, I'm pretty sure it has a back seat." So he ended up paying for a 2+2 on insurance instead of a 2 seater, and it wasn't even on purpose, sometimes you just have to love a mom's ignorance about cars, lol.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

one way too check leg room is www.consumerguide.com then work ur way to used car pick the car, it tells you everybout the car!
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

Definitely go for the Z TT, they are kinda expensive, i think your better off buying a 2 seaters and turbo it later, you'll save money that way as a friend of mine did,,,<p>At least theres someone who might understand what i am going through,,, :D :D
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kuruption1983:

At least theres someone who might understand what i am going through,,, :D :D
<hr></blockquote><p>Dude, I understand too man, I almost went for an mr2 and sold the mx but held off. I'm really into the fact that theres not very many of these cars done up, and I'm on a mission of demanding respect!! :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Post by Guest »

Ya Im glad people understand my plight, I love mx-3's but for me its time to move on, I just want a car I dont have to do anyhting to, z's already look awesome. I think for price sake Ill go with the 4 seat N/a version. That way its good for insurance and I could pick one up for around 9000 if I look hard enough.
Q187

Post by Q187 »

I almost bought a ZX TT a couple of weeks ago for 6,000 U.S. Had 400HP. Insurance was over $4,000 U.S. for 6 months. I'm only 18 so that makes a huge difference. I'm now looking for an N/A.

Return to “Off-Topic”