honda bashing

Off-Topic Discussions
Steeb

honda bashing

Post by Steeb »

whats up with it these days? it seems like more and more people are hating on them these days. my opinion is that its as old as hondas have been around. its so old even the types of people that used to bash them love them and drive them. its annoying and pointless to argue that hondas suck, hondas have no torque down low, gotta rev them up blah blah blah. if hondas suck why are they doing so well in racing of all types? i dont own one but im sure if i had the money id have one over a mx3, not that i dont like my car. anyway just thought id find out what you guys thought about it. as far as efficiency and motor building goes a b16a makes more power and almost the same amount of torque and is obviously much more efficient than a 1.8k8. even a d16z makes the same amount of hp but just less torque. before u guys start thinking im downing mazdas, im just saying each is built different and like the type-r, it wasnt built for everyone to understand. hondas dont suck drivers do... and so do people with bad taste for styling.
Sonicxtacy02

Re: honda bashing

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Race a type R with any comparable hp engine in the market (including the ZE) and you'll see why most people think honda's suck.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

The type-R 4 cyl. is very potent, don't type-R's come with limited slip? I have yet to see one win any type of race, it may be that the driver sucks, I don't know, but thats not saying much for the car. Actually i read somewhere about a guy with a ZE and he lost to a type-R, I just haven't seen any R's win. Plus the ZE is a v-6, so thats not saying much for the ZE either.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
sean_hibbitts

Post by sean_hibbitts »

I don't hate Honda's either unless there driven by jackasses... specially new prelude's there driven by alot of jackasses who think there kings of the ****ing planet... and meh...... im prolly gonna get an RSX or an Integra sooner or later :shrug:
1994 Mazda MX3
Calling all my Cidia's too the east and the west
sean_hibbitts

Post by sean_hibbitts »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 992mmx3:
The type-R 4 cyl. is very potent, don't type-R's come with limited slip? I have yet to see one win any type of race, it may be that the driver sucks, I don't know, but thats not saying much for the car. Actually i read somewhere about a guy with a ZE and he lost to a type-R, I just haven't seen any R's win. Plus the ZE is a v-6, so thats not saying much for the ZE either.<hr></blockquote><p>the right kinda driver can bring the max potential out of any car i've seen a Cavalier beat a Cobra.... know what the difference was the Cavalier was driven by some one who knew how to drive properly the Cobra was a punk kid who couldn't drive Standard properly and pretending to be Vin Deisel...... what a moron<p>[ December 17, 2002: Message edited by: sean_hibbitts ]</p>
1994 Mazda MX3
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i agree. its all about the driver not the car. if honda sucks so much, why are they still in production and growing larger? the new accord, civic hatch, etc. its funny that all the people that say they suck are the ones who own the cars that stopped in production (not that im insulting them) and its always about the driver and his/her attitude. some people also say that they're slow. well i dare you to ride in a b16a supercharged crx and say that again. ive ridden in one and you can see my entire body imprint on the seat. (you know what i mean)
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

i guess im not a honda fan because sooo many people have them, and think because they have euros on them that their car is "sick", yeah in racing it completly depends on the driver, i just cant stand driving down the street or by the beach and seeing nothing but souped up hatchback civic's, like come one, they arnt original, you seen one civic, you have seen them all, yeah the preludes are nice cars,but once again, its all about the euros and the same combat bodykit, but when i think about it, it always goes back to the drivers, pretty much every honda driver thinks the EXACT same so they "customize" their car the EXACT same,<p>peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

don't hate on the civic because its riced up...hate on the driver because he's the one who put it there...or unless he hired someone to do it but then again HE hired them. it always goes back to the driver.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
sean_hibbitts

Post by sean_hibbitts »

Meh some Modded Civic's look nice again depends on the driver and the size of his/her ego
problem is that most Modded Civic HB and Civics are owned by kids who parents are loaded and also they have a big ego so they stick on the craziest fastest looking Body kit they can find.... put on a disgustigly ugly wing and some Altezza's.... and really loud exhaust... and then go drive around playing street racer
doesn't matter if the car is automatic or manual they think there invincible and sadly that state of mind is what causes accidents...
1994 Mazda MX3
DVH

Post by DVH »

Heres my perception.....lol, k.. here goes..
I respect anyone that modifies their car...but wit honda's , i just don't like them cuz they are everywhere and every kid that gets into cars, first car they think of..... Honda Civic! What bout the MX-3??? its just too much of the same picture, Honda's are i think given way too much credit, or over-rated. Yes, i agree great little cars, but just given too much credit i think! I guees when something is talked about too much and everyone has one (and they add decals, altezza's, fart pipe exhaust, and rims) i kind of get sick of all it!<p>I have nothin against honda drivers, some of my best friends drive honda's and yes, they all kick my *** ! hahah!actually all my friends have honda;s pretty much. But i still luv these guys, these are my boys. Maybe it s just that Honda's were the first cars really do be done up cuz of fast and the furious, or what ever, but they 've been made fun for a long time....so its like a joke now maybe.<p>If someone say s that they drive a honda , well its like hahaha nice car! real original bro! but hey, maybe were forgeting to see that he put just as much work into his or her car as we did to our car.....maybe we are just narrow minded....not sure? <p>One person once said that we're jealous, well i don't think so, if i were jealous, i'd buy one, wouldn't I?? It's not like they cost a fortune! NOt sure why we do, but ......<p> I can tell u why i bash honda's........CUZ I REALLY DON'T LIKE THEM!!!!!!!! SORRY BUT I DON'T, SO WHEN I SEE ONE, I MAKE FUN OF IT! HHAHA!<p> :)
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

I can't hate... I like VTEC too much...there's really nothing like the CRACK! of cams, the motor roaring to life and pinning you in your seat.and i do have respect for the real Honda tuners...and not just like putting a cam in a DX; my boss has a B20 VTEC and it's just plain nasty, a customer has a true CTR motor and his car is crazy fast. but yes, i do laugh at ricers.
I like VTEC but not as much as a BOV or the appeal of my MX-3(soon i'll have the best of both worlds).
my 2 cents
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

im surprised how many replies this got. i know a lot of you guys that already posted dont actually "hate" hondas but i was hoping more of those honda haters on this board would come out and post some reasonable explaination for the real honda bashers... i know there are some people on here that post something civic this suck, accord that crap and so on. to the 2.5 vs us kl motor vs the b18c5... i would take the b18c5 anyday over a kl. b18c5 powered integras are known to run 13's completely stock with only 170whp and under 125lbs of tq if i remember correctly. id like to see a pgt or a mx6 both kl powered to run high 13's consistently. if you wanna argue klze then u gotta compare b18c-R which has even more compression at 11.8 and 4-1 headers as well as shorter final drive. as a whole i can say honda can build extremely reliable high compression motors that can rev above 7k normally and live long. how can u say that sux? it might not have much torque but it has way shorter gears and a way better rod ratio. b16a motor has a rod ratio of 1.74 to 1 where as i believe a kl is 2.02 to 1 which makes the honda motor the one that stays happy at 11k+ rpms if tuned right. anyway im not sticking up for honda. im just trying to straighten some no torque issues out. y do u need so much torque if its just making you spin? wheres all the honda bashers at? come out come out where ever u are
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/searchresults/?terms=lotus+elise<p>theres some more torque vs torqueless articles to digest... =] if a b18c5 obviously is faster than a kl. isnt it about whos faster not whats it made of? if people here made fun of inefficient monster sized v8's it would be different but they are always talkin crap bout honda powered cars that can do under 16's mostly stock many in 13's stock and still get 35-40 mpg. mazda rice cars are just as bad and ugly as honda ricers
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well ive never heard of a honda civic or integra type R or not do anything like 13's in the 1/4 stock. with mods yes but not with the stock motor it came with. and the reason i hate hondas is only because there are more stupid drivers driving them but only because they are so popular and so many people drive them. im sure if the mx-3 took off and sold as many as the civics we would get the crappy title too only because there are so many people driving them that you are bound to have a few idiots and the saying is true "a few ruin it for the rest." but people just have hatred towards them because its easier to find idiots driving them. me personally i like them but i wouldnt own one only because i dont really like not having tq for one and two i hate having to rape the crap out of my engine just to go fast. but bottom line is they make great cars but ill pass and keep my mx-3 with a bpt in it and eventually get me a WRX. sorry but from now on im gonna have a turbo car. so hopefully mazda comes out with a factory turbo car that they put into mass production. but oh well thats the way i see it.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>well ive never heard of a honda civic or integra type R or not do anything like 13's in the 1/4 stock. <hr></blockquote><p>just one example of many
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=317306
imagine what he could do on stock 195/50/15 bridgestone potenza re 010. timeslips for u<p>and this is why you dont hear of it. we all know s2k can do better than 13.8 stock (need proof? seach it, u dont need to be a member)<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> they did with the s2000 when it came out in 2000, and they got a 14.3 , thats horrible, then they got a 13.8 in 2001, i think thats a better, but still some room for improvment...its all in how you drive the car and you gotta shift at redline to stay in our power band in the next gear... <hr></blockquote>
thread it came from
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=266146<p>if you hate cars that are popular i hope u dont dress the same way. people claiming they cant drive a car with no torque is like saying there is no replacement for displacement. a car with to much hp and less tq is much more drivable than a car with to much tq and to little hp. so many people talk about having to rev up to get power, if we had gears as short as hondas we'd top out at like 125mph max.
itr y21 lsd tranny
.848<p>http://www.mx-3.com/brochure/specifications.cfm<p>itrs rev fast everyone knows that short gears help it even more not to mention final drives. i wonder what that guy with the 17's could do with stocks and a jdm final drive 13.4-13.5 for sure<p>1995-1997 JDM spec 4.400
1997-up JDM spec 4.785
USDM spec all years 4.400
Euro spec. all years 4.785

Return to “Off-Topic”