BIKE vs BPT swap

Off-Topic Discussions
mx3man83

BIKE vs BPT swap

Post by mx3man83 »

Hey i recently got a wad of cash i need to blow!!! I'm thinking either a suzuki Kat 600 or a BPT swap for my mx-3....im not sure yet....you all neeed to convince me one or the other!! Just kiddin im gonna do whatever I want to do...but the thing is..im not sure what i DO want!! Anyone got any input?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
marshmallow15

Re: BIKE vs BPT swap

Post by marshmallow15 »

do a swap...cause if you got the suzuki you'd be driving that more than the mx3.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

if it were me ide get the bpt,i don't have the balls to drive a bike. there pretty dangerous. also how much cash do you have to blow?
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
Tman

Post by Tman »

get the bpt...a bike is pretty dangerous...and if you get that you will have more exspences. insurance,registration, maintnance..ect. I would go with the bpt.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

get the bike
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

id say go with the swap and then get a haltech with it. you could get both and still pay less than you would for the bike. :)<P><BR>trust me its worth it......well even without the haltech. ill get it this week. so ill be able to give better info on it but for now youll have to go with the info that ashley can give.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Shadow_Mx-3

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

I would also go for the swap.
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

if you MUST have a bike then... Turbo Hayabusa!!!<BR>Otherwise do the swap and be glad when you can beat bikes.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
Tman

Post by Tman »

i would never recommend getting a suzuki 1300 gsx (hayabusa) My uncle almost killed himself on one. And i dont think they come with a turbo buddy. But you can get jet kits for them.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Well ive got 3100 dollas to kill....im starting to lean towards the swap since i do realize the bike would be more expensive in the long run...a haltech huh?? How much does one of those bad boys cost and are THAT much of a performance upgrade?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

oh yeah today i was also thinking of doing a headlight conversion to the new celica lights + a paint job...i wanna paint my car jet black...i think that would be tight since i have chrome 17's..
My Cardomain site
Manach

Post by Manach »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3man83:<BR><STRONG>im starting to lean towards the swap since i do realize the bike would be more expensive in the long run...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>How come more expensive ?<P>Do you have 2 vehicules to move you around? 2 cars, or even a scooter ? Hope so for you.<P>But, more I see this, and more I see that a swap is not a necessity. What will you do about the increase in Hp? Exactly, your goal? That engine cost a little more to maintain, take a little more gaz, and you might not be able to tune it to be legal, and even there.. Insurance will try to eat you alive after that.<P>If you are not prepare well enough, in the long run, the Bp-T will be the one costing more..<P>Go with the bike, if you got only 1 vehicule.<P>Or better, keep the cash until you buy the engine, and are well prepare.<p>[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Manach ]
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

well i think the bike would be more expensive because of the additional insurance costs....i dunnno i have a little bit of time to think about it....keep the ideas and opinions coming...
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

also just a quick question for you all that are experienced in the swap....would my stock transmission hold up to the BPT for at least a couple of months until i could buy the protege one? I only have about 3100 to spend and since the engine is 2000 alone i need to pinch pennies wherever possible....
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

ALso i was wondering if the BBT GTR is THAT much more amazing than the thousand dollar cheaper one??? And which wiring harness would need to be used?
My Cardomain site

Return to “Off-Topic”