Bought a new car

Off-Topic Discussions
cyberphox

Bought a new car

Post by cyberphox »

So my fiance and I decided we needed another car. Which worked out good for me cause now I get my MX-3 back full time. she ended up purchasing a 2002 Honda Civic coupe. After shopping around for accessories for it, it kinda makes me sad to see that Mazda stopped selling the MX-3. The amount of stuff available for the civic and MX-3 is not comparable. I'll always love my car, just wish there was more I could do with it.
95 GS Silver Stone Metalic
Shadow_Mx-3

Re: Bought a new car

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

I think we all thinked the same way you did at a certain point in time.<P>The only difference is that i get alot more pride in modifying my car than if i was modifying a civic since it's more difficult to find parts and do stuff by yourself than to have everything pre-made for your specific application.
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !
cyberphox

Post by cyberphox »

Yeah I think I need to hear more of this. I need to go paint my interior to cheer myself up..hehe
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

No, the problem is Honda owners who like to tune, especially the young ones, think that because they put on some Altezza's and rims think they are modifying geniuses. The problem here is that no one appreciates the dedication and work it takes to actually attempt to modify the MX-3. People are always telling me, "you know if you put in some headers and borla exhaust you could get like 30 horsepower". This makes me so angry at the ignorance of some people. Back in its youth the MX-3 could punish the other import competition up to the turbocharged Mitsubishis. Now-a-days the Honda name is more powerful in the Aftermarket world than on the street, yet their heavy engines and cars somehow still get respect even in stock form while the MX-3 gets left in the shadows.<P>I know I've strayed from the original meaning of this post but it stirred something inside of me.
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow_Mx-3:<BR><STRONG>The only difference is that i get alot more pride in modifying my car than if i was modifying a civic since it's more difficult to find parts and do stuff by yourself than to have everything pre-made for your specific application.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I guess to a certain pont. But honestly i hate it :mad: For a college student with a limited budget like i have, its damn well impossible to do anything worth while to this car. I might get ragged on but i really dont care. If i had the chance again id get a honda, prob a prelude. I tho buying a mx3 would be cool and the money i saved from a more expensive car i would be able to hook it up. HA!!! by the time it came around to do my work to the car, it started falling apart. I have since replaced :both cv boots, radiator, timing belt and different oils to get the damn lifters to stop ticking!! and nothing!! Blaaa!!! im done ranting, just spent a mess load more $ on the car and i just needed to vent :mad:
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

thing is. If you've seen one done up honda. You've seen them all. There is NO originality. You can practically by parts at 7-11...I get looks in my mazda mx3...and I have virtually nothing done to the exterior, I get complimented sometimes when they say, "is that a 99 or 2000 model or something?".
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
cyberphox

Post by cyberphox »

That's true..many people ask me what year my car is and when I say 95 they're like "what?" They can't believe it
Kay Kay

Post by Kay Kay »

I know people think my ca is a 2001, they look shocked when i tell them its a 93 :p
*~KAY~*
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Put on a kit, shave the emblems and you get people stopping you in the street asking what it is. <BR>Tonge, nice guys finish last. Players run things. I'm writing a book about that and it will be on BP's book list.<P>one
cyberphox

Post by cyberphox »

Now that is one thing I cannot understand..shaving you emblems. first of all I assue that means scraping them off..Why would anyone do that..i will never know? I cannot see where that looks better, but then again I also hate all the high spoilers that alot of mx-3'ers put on their car
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyberphox:<BR><STRONG>Now that is one thing I cannot understand..shaving you emblems. first of all I assue that means scraping them off..Why would anyone do that..i will never know? I cannot see where that looks better, but then again I also hate all the high spoilers that alot of mx-3'ers put on their car</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So you like cheesy plastic logos all over your car?<BR>Shaving the emblems definately adds to making your car have a "cleaner look".<BR>As someone else said it also gives people the "what kinda car is that?" look on thier faces.<BR>There aren't that many mx-3s around here and I have yet to see any with serious mods.<BR>Alot of people don't believe me when I tell em its a Mazda.<BR>It's kinda amazing(and sad)that these cars have gone virtually unnoticed by most of the population. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

IMO The mx-3 is a beautiful car and all those aggressive bodykits ruin the car. See I am not a big fan of bodykits and think it is a total waste of money, expecially because of the poor quality of these kits. Remember that the mazda mx-3 gs is a $30,000cnd car brand new and a lot of young ricers can't afford it or they would have one. I think the word is definatly out that mx-3's aren't just girl cars and the cheaper they get over the years u will see a lot of honda guys turn to mazda. Mazda is coming on stronger than ever and honda is very worried about the protege. When I am going to work about 1 km from my home I see at least 10 new protege 5's and I love it as honda knows that they can't make beautiful cars like mazda. just wait till the ms protege is out and all those hondas will be drooling. To make a very long story short Mazda has always made cars with the consumer in mind and that is what separates honda and mazda. Honda has always been behind in looks as they try to bite other companies styles. Just look at the new sir hatch kind of looks like an ugly focus ahahahahaahhahahahaaahahahhahaa.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

yeah it would be great is mx3 parts were easyer to find but that is what seperates us from the honda croud, our cars are actually great for looks and preformance. about the logos, i think that the old loop tooks great compared to the new wings. i would like to shave the mx-3 just to give the competition the look of question after they get burned. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.

Return to “Off-Topic”