Miata

Off-Topic Discussions
Shady469
Supporting Member

Miata

Post by Shady469 »

They make a supercharger and a turbo for the miata. I was thinking... if you put both on the super would help eliminate spool up time while giving you a boost and when the trbo kicked in youd get even more boost(and think of the noise whirrrrrr pssssssst)! I'm gonna try and find myself a Miata b/c my o my that would be quit interesting.<BR>lemme know of any other things u can think of that would be fun.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
RanMan

Re: Miata

Post by RanMan »

I think it could be done (in theory). I know that come Big Rigs (18-wheelers) come with a 6-71 blower as well as turbos. I would think that the MX-3 engine could not handle the boost from a supercharger and a turbo. I would go with a supercharger because you get so much torque out of it. Plus, you can "tune" a supercharger by changing the pully diameter so that it makes the boost that you are looking for. You can also "tune" a turbo by adjusting the wastegate, but I don't think you will get the low RPM torque that you do with supercharging.
BigProbe

Post by BigProbe »

its a dumb idea. Sure you can do it, but why? Does it pass the "so what?" test? I dont think it does.<P>Just get a properly sized turbo, and you'll be all set. Expect to spend about $5000 for 230-250whp.
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

mequires did that to a itr and it was one mean machine. i don't recall the hp but it was pretty high. it's in a super street mag. if i find it, i'll post the specs.<P><BR>found it! here's what the dyno says. at 22.5(combined)psi it ran a 442hp and at a daily driven 325hp. pretty impressive.<p>[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

yeah i saw a civic with this in a magazine.. <BR>but i think both d'ont work in the same time..in THIS case..! :cool:
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

the itr in scc is 450hp with stock internals and the sc and turbo are sequential set-up.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE

Return to “Off-Topic”