BPT swap parts needed

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3racer

BPT swap parts needed

Post by mx3racer »

i'm doing a bpt swap to my mx-3 and i need to know what would be the best ecu and where i can get the wiring diagram for that ecu? and what about the front mount; what should i use for a good fit and effectiveness? what ever help i can get will be greatly appreciated..

thanx and wish me luck....
punish the deed not the breed
WEPA
OsoSlo z28

Re: BPT swap parts needed

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

best ecu...hmmm. depends on year.

haltech e6x should work.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mx3racer

Post by mx3racer »

well the engine i'm getting is a 94' bpt. i'm getting the tranny and the wiring harness with all the goodies but no ecu. so i kinda need help on that department. :(
WEPA
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the tranny does you no good, so i hope you're not paying extra for it. when i asked what year, i meant your car.

for the best results, use a standalone system.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Originally posted by OsoSlo z28:

for the best results, use a standalone system.
AGREED. ;)
mx3racer

Post by mx3racer »

no i aint paying extra for the tranny but why do you say that it does me no good?
WEPA
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

its a AWD tranny
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mx3racer

Post by mx3racer »

i'm getting a fwd tranny not the awd, 5 speed. my car is automatic and it drives me nuts so i'm convrting that aswell.
WEPA
mx3racer

Post by mx3racer »

where will i be able to find a stand alone? and about for how much? aint no one down here has anything for the mx-3. i hate it... :mad:
WEPA
mx3racer

Post by mx3racer »

but if anything i'll settle for the 323 gtx ecu.. bt26 if nayone got one for sale let me know
WEPA
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

the standalone costs as much as the motor basically. If i were you i'd get the bpt ecu, cant really go wrong with it and maybe an safc. And for the intercooler, if your using the stock vj20 turbo, i'd get a good intercooler because it produces alot of heat in the top end. Peace
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

again, it depends on what year your car is. if you have a '92-93, a cheaper route, though not as good, is to go with the bpt ecu. if you have a '94+, i'd go with the stand-alone.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
mx3racer

Post by mx3racer »

need to buy an rx-7 maf if anyone has one for sale hit me up

light_dragon_24@yahoo.com
WEPA
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Originally posted by 727mxer:
the standalone costs as much as the motor basically. If i were you i'd get the bpt ecu, cant really go wrong with it and maybe an safc. And for the intercooler, if your using the stock vj20 turbo, i'd get a good intercooler because it produces alot of heat in the top end. Peace
Haltech's will run more than the engine is worth. I payed 1200 for a basic kit and that did'nt include the 3 bar map sensor that is required. Not to mention you need a labtop to even start the damn thing. A stock ecu will give you stock performance, however it will be cheaper. It all boils down to how serious the end user wants to go.
The haltech is slightly more complicated to wire than the factory but I feel that a used wiring harness will give you more problems. Most of the plugs to the sensors are easy to break and could give you a weak connection btwn the 2. I know there have been successful factory installs in the past, but I'm just expressing how I feel about it through expierence.
True, a good intercooler will take the heat out. It's all a matter of testing intercooler effeciency to the turbo. It's not just the top end but this is generally where smaller turbos create more heat. My temps where roughly over 110 F. in the summer time at 11psi. and as low as 85 F. in the winter.

<small>[ December 24, 2004, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: jaydog5678 ]</small>
mx3racer

Post by mx3racer »

ok i'm dropping everything into a 94 mx-3 1.6 16 valve. and right now i'm walking or getting rides everywhere so i kinda need to get the car running soon but i will be working on it until i'm happy with it. and what would be a good inter. for it since i live in florida? it's mad humid and hot here...

Image[/img][/b]

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”