Water pump/Belt slippage problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
large member

Water pump/Belt slippage problem

Post by large member »

I resently went to boot camp and i let my sister use my Mx-3 now it has a criticly bad water pump leak/belt squeak. The leak i think is coming from the water pump but not sure. Only a visual diagnosis. The water pump is gonna be fixed this week and I NEED TO KNOW :froggie_red: if there is anything else i should worry about?
peace
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Water pump/Belt slippage problem

Post by mitmaks »

make sure you tighten belt to specs
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

Hey, i think my water pump is f***ed up also, it was leakin real bad, now it doesnt leak, but the engine is overheating every 10 minutes... is the water pump something that i could replace myself? I lookes like all i'd have to to is losen the bolts take off all the hoses, get it off the belt, replace it, then put everything back where it was with the other one...

Good idea to try to do it myself?
1993 RS Teal
large member

Post by large member »

Well i just got mine fixed for 435.00. BUT! you need to replace it quick because my water pump siezed and snapped my timing belt and i had to have everything replaced i also put in a sweet under drive pulley. And as far as do it yourself i am sure u can but it is a pain so its alot less stress to just get a mechanic
:froggie_red:
peace

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”