Car won't run

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
zw12345

Car won't run

Post by zw12345 »

I got a 94 mazda mx3 4V 73k miles a few months ago. It ran fine when I bought it however now, it wont run, I can start it up fine but no matter what gear I put it into, it doesn't run. It doesn't stall when its suppose to. I dont even need to push the clutch to put it in gear. Also, before it died, I had to accelerate really hard on the gas for it to run. My engine meter was up to like 6 or 7 and it barely ran 25 mph. Anyone know whats wrong? I asked someone and they said it might be the transmission. And if it is the transmission, would I have to buy a new transmission or can I get an old one?
Typhoonk

Re: Car won't run

Post by Typhoonk »

Get a small garage to test drive it. The worst it will be is the tranny. Could also just be the clutch

Here's hoping :D
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Ma-Ze

Post by Ma-Ze »

Originally posted by zw12345:
I got a 94 mazda mx3 4V 73k miles a few months ago. It ran fine when I bought it however now, it wont run, I can start it up fine but no matter what gear I put it into, it doesn't run. It doesn't stall when its suppose to. I dont even need to push the clutch to put it in gear. Also, before it died, I had to accelerate really hard on the gas for it to run. My engine meter was up to like 6 or 7 and it barely ran 25 mph. Anyone know whats wrong? I asked someone and they said it might be the transmission. And if it is the transmission, would I have to buy a new transmission or can I get an old one?
Clutch is toasted.
92 MX-3 RS,
Racing Mazda turbo kit. 451 WHP @ 25 psi
12.1 @ 117 mph w/318whp
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/652555
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Originally posted by zw12345:
I suppose by "run" you mean move, and by " engine meter was up to like 6 or 7" you mean tachometer was at 6k/7k rpm? If so, you need a new clutch...although ive never seen one get that bad before so quickly :confused2: .
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

most def the clutch
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i had the same type of problem & i thought it was the clutch it turned out to be the disty
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
AllisMitchChalmers

Post by AllisMitchChalmers »

I wish i had a stick in my MX-3 :driver:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”