wiring harness question ??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
sallyO92mx-3

wiring harness question ??

Post by sallyO92mx-3 »

well in the next month are so i finally get to get my hands on a BP but the problem is the a**bag :mad: at they junkyard cut the harness up when he pulled the motor all the connections are on the motor . and i'm stuck useing my sohc tranny so would a stage 2 clutch help from destroying the tranny untill i get one ????? and since the motor has the connectors on it can i use my sohc harness just splice in the conectors on the right wires? and would i benifit from using bigger ground wires in the engine bay ???? :2thumbsup:
"get some!"
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Re: wiring harness question ??

Post by mx3TT »

Well since you have a 92 SOHC harness and I had a 93 SOHC harness and everything connects into the BP, I would say yes you can use it. But the only thing that I noticed that didnt connect in is the VICS setup in which I have to figure out still.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
LongJohn

Post by LongJohn »

The I4 swap information for some reason is not in any of the FAQs, but you can find it here:

http://www.mx-3.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003260

You will notice it has a good section on the wiring harness. It shows that you will have to add 2 wires for the VICS, and that you should also get a matching ECU.

If work doesn't keep sucking up my spare time I'll get my BP rebuild done in Sept, and I'll let you know if I find any discrepancies. My poor SOHC is making some nasty noises, and I don't think it will last another month, so I'd better find the time... :eek:
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Word up.

This is a question for someone who has swapped a BP into a 92 sohc and still used their stock harness and ecu plugs.
What ecu pins do I plug the two VICS wires into?

and can I use the sohc distributor so I can use my stock harness plug? or should I run the fourth wire? and where does that go on the ecu plug?

gonna be doing the swap on labour day. So hit me up with an answer asap!!! thanks everyone
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”