low compression fix

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Nomar

low compression fix

Post by Nomar »

I have low compression in cylinder 2 (about 80) on my 96 1.6L. I get a rough idle and power is significantly reduced. Is this a tough fix to do at home? Are any special tools needed and does anyone know what kind of manual I would need. I have an unlce who can mechanic but he hasn't worked on mazda's, only Vdubs.
Ehpl

Re: low compression fix

Post by Ehpl »

Nomar

Post by Nomar »

What was the problem with your engine? Did you do all the work yourself and did you need any special tools? How much HP you have now? I'd like a big boost.
Nomar

Post by Nomar »

Also, where did you get those guages? They look sweet and how much were they?
iLLuSi0nZMx-3

Post by iLLuSi0nZMx-3 »

well i went through same thing on my 1.6 sounds like either valve stem seals or psiton rings..but a good way to find that out is if it smokes and burns oil if not i wud check out the mains or rod bearings
2'intrax lowering springs..injen custom intake..port/polished...arospeed 1/2 exaust..autometer gauges..unorthodox racing underdrive pulleys..chip.
Ehpl

Post by Ehpl »

Nothing actully ,200,000kms just had a bunch of little stuff , starting to puff oil when starting , idle problems ,oil leaks. just mainly wanted a engine that would be reliable and some more power plus if I turbo'ed it I wanted it to keep together.I did the work myself ,no tools eout of the odinary just a crazt 12 point socket needed for the headbolts a some torque sockets but nothing serious, no dynos around here but I do notice some more botom end but a lot more mid an top end power,just getting it broken in(2700kms so far) so I havent really cranked it yet. just up to 4-5 on the tach

Eugene L
94 rs dohc
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552384
Nomar

Post by Nomar »

I have done a compression test on the cylinder and then added oil and no change so it is a valve problem, which is what the dealership told me. Would a regular manual, like one from crappy tire, give me all the needed info to fix this?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”