damn RCMP!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
aqua93

damn RCMP!!!

Post by aqua93 »

well this is it...my first day of my 28 day liscence suspension. May not seem like a big deal, but it's horrible for me! So many of my friends speed up and down all over in their camaros and mustangs, get their warnings, and then they're on their way. Me, I get caught once. ONCE! I try to sweet talk my way out of it but no such luck. I was still on probation. Worst part of it is, it wasn't even in my mx-3! It was in the piece-of-crap 85 chevy celebrity I drove befor my precidia was ready. I payed my ticket ($129) and now here I am a month later, having just recived a letter saying my liscence is suspended. *sniff* I miss driving already...
~Trisha~
Andrew_Pakula

Re: damn RCMP!!!

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

What were you on probation for before? How fast were you going?
aqua93

Post by aqua93 »

I was on probation still because I just got my liscence, I was in the 12 month probation period. I was only going 24 over :s
~Trisha~
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

I feel for ya Trisha, but there will ALWAYS be good cops and bad cops.<BR>When I first got my liscence ( about 7yrs ago) I remember running a stop sign in front of a cop, almost cutting him off, and he let me go with just a warning. :)
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

red turn signals, that is so gay that you got a ticket i hate cops, hate em!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

That's because it's illegal to have red anywhere at the front of your car. At the front you can only have white or amber, and at the back you can only have red or amber (white ONLY when in reverse).<P>Also, if you replace the back side markers with clear ones, and you put white lights in them, that is illegal too.<P>Just thought I'd let ya know.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yes this is a sad sad true fact i had to learn the hard way with my last truck the cop made me pull every aftermarket light i had and give it to him on the spot which really wasnt alot but 6 strobes and a blue lights glad i didnt have my neons on underneath the truck <P>but yea i can understand law enforcement colors being illegal to use but i dont undertand the other colors i mean really if u wanted to have a clear turn signal light what does it matter, people understand what the concepts of blinking lights are
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

ticket for red turn signal?<BR>hrmmm
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

iu think only his rear turn signals were red<P>anyway, any good news with that ticket steve?<p>[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Rorek

Post by Rorek »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mnemonic:<BR><STRONG>yes this is a sad sad true fact i had to learn the hard way with my last truck the cop made me pull every aftermarket light i had and give it to him on the spot which really wasnt alot but 6 strobes and a blue lights glad i didnt have my neons on underneath the truck <P>but yea i can understand law enforcement colors being illegal to use but i dont undertand the other colors i mean really if u wanted to have a clear turn signal light what does it matter, people understand what the concepts of blinking lights are</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>He made you take the strobes out? damn.. a friend of mine here in Toronto has his car decked out with lights, he drives a Crown Vic, and if you didn't know him personaly you'd swear it was a cop car he's driving.. he has strobes in his headlights, parking, front window mounted amber/white light (pretty much same as undercover cop cars have just at the top of their winshield.. he has a directional arrow bar in the back.. but then he's gonna become a cop.. but it's all legal, I've been with him numerous times and cops have inquired about his car and have left him alone.

Post by Guest »

Mnemonic, I see you live in ATL, I'm in Roswell, which is like 15 mins north. We shoudl get together sometime and talk cars. email me, ambientsoundz@aol.com

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”