bpt front clip...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Saucy

bpt front clip...

Post by Saucy »

well right now, i have a '90 protege LX , but im looking into a mx3 really bad as soon as i find a decent one for sale imma jump on it , but i have hte money to do all this , so., im goign to buy whatever i find if i find a v6 ima do the klze but.., i actually would rather have hte 4cyl., becuase that way i can do the BPT swap., now, if i bought the a gtx front clip., is there anything else that would be needed to do this swap??? the reason that i would get this front clip is because it will already have all hte piping and stuff .. but is there anything else needed 2 do the swap. or would it be cheaper just 2 buy just hte bpt engine.. seing that i have a protege LX i can just use that tranny... idk im clueless thanks
93 323- BP swap,Pacesetter header,magnaflow,highflow cat, pacesetter catback,Rx7vaf+filter, Adv timing, Fidanza Adj camgears, GTx front bumper, EGT side skirts, Espec headlights, LED upper spoiler, GTR midwing, familia rear garnish, Mx3 carpet +all seats,
92-mx3 gs
Franko
Supporting Member

Re: bpt front clip...

Post by Franko »

I think that if you are buying a mx and you are sure that you are going to put a bpt in it then you should get a 92 or 93 because I hear that they are the easiest to swap the engine into. I know mine went in pretty smoothly about 95% of the wiring just plugged right in. A couple had to have the ends changed on them. I would say just buy the engine because most of the stuff you will get with the front clip will be no good anyways. I dont think that you are going to want a little crappy intercooler that comes with it stock. Youll probally want a bigger one if youre serious about the whole thing. Plus the gearbox that will come with it will be no good because it is a awd gearbox. Just get the engine unless you want to change over the whole wiring harness, in that case get the front clip. I assume they come with the computer and such. If I was to have to do the swap again I would just get the engine. Then you wont be stuck with stuff that you can use and you cant sell. ;)
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”