quick oil change question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
drivergrl

quick oil change question

Post by drivergrl »

Any special info needed before doing a baic oil/filter change? Does the standard filter wrench work? Thanks.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: quick oil change question

Post by mitmaks »

just flush engine, then let it drain for while so everything comes out, you should be able to get it off without wrench. and do not overtighten it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
drivergrl

Post by drivergrl »

Thanks a lot! Am I going to have to put the car up to get to the plug and filter? These cars sit pretty low to the ground....
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

No you can reach the bold under the car with some dexterity. Might be easier if you lift it but it's possible to do it without lifting it. I can also access the filter from the top of the car. He's hard to see but you can touch and feel it with your hand behind the motor.

(RS)
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Damn...that must be one hell of a mess. I have trouble keeping the garage floor from being black when I have perfect view of the damn filter from under the car. Amazes me you can do it from the top. I think they shoud have had toyota design the engine for them....now those are easy mateniance cars! :idea:
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”