new kid

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Tino

new kid

Post by Tino »

Hey, I was looking into buying this here, yay or no way?<BR> <A HREF="http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdet ... ke=MAZDA&m" TARGET=_blank>http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdet ... MAZDA&m</A> odel=MX3&min_price=&distance=25&advcd_on=n&advanced=n&color=&car_year=1993 :roll:
nicolasbeique

Re: new kid

Post by nicolasbeique »

not too bad for the price... but don't expect to much from the 4 cylinders (they are very UNDERpowered)...<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
andy

Post by andy »

The car looks good from the picture but can't tell the mechanicals from it.<BR> The add says 1993 GS but I thought all the GS models came with a V6. <BR> The 4 bangers are all show and no go unless you plan on adding or swapping.<BR> Find out about the maintenance history.<BR>Andy P. 93 GS
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

I thought that the GS stands for 6cyl?! Maybe you should ask him to double check or something. Please post the outcome, i'd like to know.
¤Kelli¤
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

Looks like maybe the seller didn't realize that a GS is a V6. That's good, because if they had they would probably increase the price.<P>That's how I got a great deal on my GS about 5 years ago. I was looking for a good car at AutoNation and had just finished searching the whole lot without finding anything interesting. I was on my way walking out through the showroom, and one of the salesmen asked if I had seen anything. I told him no, and he asked if I had looked through the showroom. I hadn't, so I decided to give it a shot, expecting not to find much since most everything I saw in the showroom were SUVs and family cars. This was a big showroom, so it took me a while to work my way to the other end. As soon as I went around the corner, I saw them wheeling in my baby which must have just arrived. It didn't even have a sticker price on it yet. When I showed interest (although I tried to contain it) the guy went to find out the price. As he did this, I whipped out my trusty Kelly Blue Book, and realized that it was probably gonna be more than I was wanting to pay. The car had low miles, was in excellent shape inside and out and the engine ran really smooth and sounded awesome! When he came back and quoted me a price $4500 below blue book I acted like the price was nothing special and asked for a test drive. <P>Once I test drove it, I was hooked and didn't give him a chance to put it back in the showroom. I charged it on my credit-card and drove off with it. Upon thinking about it later, I wondered if the salesguy had made the "mistake" on purpose since at AutoNation (at the time) the salespeople only got $500 per sale, regardless of the price. He knew I was serious about buying and was ready to walk out the door, so maybe he figured he'd give me an offer I couldn't refuse. Either way, I didn't care, I was a happy camper!
aqua93

Post by aqua93 »

lol, looks good! very similar to my car, (93 GS V6, aqua) like everyone's said...you'd probably luck out because you'll be buying it for the price of a 4cyl and getting a v6, cuz v6 doesn't come in gs :s anyway, looks good for the price, go 4 it!
~Trisha~
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

that looks like a 6 cyl to me...stock spoiler, and it says it has ABS...i don't think the RS's came with ABS, at least not in that year
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

lets getcha outa confusion!<BR>the dude whos sellin it is either a retard or an a--hole! :D :D <BR>4 cyl is RS and 6 cyl is GS!( it is a 4 cyl, you can tell by the rims) first thing<BR>ABS!!! wooow! not even the special edition had ABS, either he is BSing or its sometin i've neva seen!<BR>and i suggest you buy it only if you are planning to put in a new BPT engine and it would be more powerful than a V6 and if you make it turbo( if you have the mulah)if would be da s--- on the road( in a good way! :D :D )<P>soooo @ the end it comes to your choice, its slow but can be fast if you spend 3 Gs, or you can spend 2 Gs more and get a V6.<P>good luck bro
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

VIN: JM1EC4311P0211372 <BR>Year: 1993 <BR>Make: Mazda <BR>Model: Mx3 Base Model <BR>Style/Body: 4 Passenger 2 Dr Hatchback <BR>Engine: 1.6L I 4 NA OHV Gas EFI <BR>Country of Assembly: Japan <P>its a 4-banger ;)
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”