blown the funk up! PLEASE HELP!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
littleindianboy

blown the funk up! PLEASE HELP!

Post by littleindianboy »

I just blew up my 4 banger about an hour ago. Luckily I was close enough to walk home. There's oil in my radiator fluid. The block and head were smoking when I stopped. Just before it died, my check engine light was on and I got a loud clicking when I accelerated. As it died the charge and oil light came on. I've had a little bit of an oil leak for a while, but I just changed the oil about 1400 miles ago, and I put another quart in about 500 miles ago. Anyone had a problem like this? What can I do!? Swap prices? SOMEONE HELP ME!
torpedan

Re: blown the funk up! PLEASE HELP!

Post by torpedan »

How many miles on it?

Usually problems like this are the result of imporper maintence and lack of preventative maintence.. Sorry to be the one to say it.

I suggest doing research on a BPD swap.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Joe Carlson

Post by Joe Carlson »

Hey the Oil in your ratiator, is probably from a blown head or head gasket, the clicking is probably from their being water/antifreeze in your oil. When it died, did it just suddenly die, or was it just slowly loosing power? If your lucky you might be able to get away with replacing the head and or gasket, if you didn't spin any bearings, then your looking at a full rebuild. sound like a bad there. -Joe
92 MX-3 1.8L DOHC BP, 17" Konig wheels, 2.5 exuast, custom CAI, inverted style carbon fiber hood, GT-Combat body kit.
GeO

Post by GeO »

Simply sounds like you can't drive ! nor care about your engine !
.:G-e-O:.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

Originally posted by GeO:
Simply sounds like you can't drive ! nor care about your engine !
wow, that's a really intelligent statement right there. :( ).

if it was gradual, it could be a bearing along with a blown head gasket. either way, your headgasket is toast.

the low oil pressure light(not the change oil light) means you lost enough oil to cause a problem in itself.

check your oil level to see if you still have any. if so, check for water in there as well.

i've been down the blown headgasket route, and sometimes it just happens. though it also depends on how bad of an oil leak you had.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

yeah that is true my old car blew a head gasket b/c the oil pump died..

i did all the preventative matiance.....
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
littleindianboy

Post by littleindianboy »

I've babied that car since I got it, but the day I got it it had 109K on it. Now it's at 139K. I changed the oil 1400 miles before it blew. The car died suddenly, not gradually. I had a slow oil leak for a little while, but it wasn't that bad. It would have already been fixed, but I didn't have the dough. I noticed the other day that the entire underside is now covered with oil. I think maybe something burst and sprayed all my oil out and that's when it started to overheat, subsequently frying teh gasket or whatever else it might have done.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”