To paint or not to paint?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
zevirii

To paint or not to paint?

Post by zevirii »

Ok guys, here is the deal. My MX-3 paint job looks good overall and from a distance looks great, however on the roof I got a lot of fading white marks and on the hood there is a about a 5" diameter area where the clear coat is peeling and then about 15 1/4" diameter chips from rocks and such. I was thinking of getting a whole new paint job done and changing the color, however it would be nice if I could just repair all the things wrong with the current paint... Whats the best way to deal with rock chips? Rubbing compound? Since my paint is that raspberry met. color finding paint to touch up is kinda hard... Got any ideas?
zevirii

Re: To paint or not to paint?

Post by zevirii »

So much for tring to fix it... $6 spent on rubbing compound, and didn't do anything for it... Time for a real paint job now lol
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

any good body shop should be able to match up your paint. Although being the special edition colour it might be hard but who knows. I'll find out soon enough when I decide to get my MS front nose painted.
aqua93

Post by aqua93 »

don't change the color...makes things that much more complicated. you'd have to be sure to get everything under the hood, etc. Get them to match up your color....unless you dont like your current color! But trust me, changing the color is a hassle.
~Trisha~
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Well guys went with a different color.. Most everything was painted except under the hood...Thats ok though.. I get to pick it up tomorrow, however I am kinda scared it might not be the color I really wanted... Oh well I will hope for the best... :( :roll:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”