Summer Swap (BPT)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
LooseChangeRacing

Summer Swap (BPT)

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Ok here's my plan, I'm calling out all my BPT fans and basicly super MX-3 tuners.

Within the week I'll be starting my new job.
A car salesmen at Mcgreevy Mazda.
I'll definitly be making decent money, specially with commisions.

Here's my plan, this summer, about 6 months from now, mid-summer. I want to completely revamp my car within about a week. I'm starting to save now, and I hope to have about 7 or 8 grand by the time my project dates arise. This is what I'm looking for. Someone, within a reasonable distance of New Hampshire, (Canada is fine) to help me do all the work, I would gladly be decent money for a decent worker.

I'm looking for someone that can help me do the complete engine swap with clutch and tranny. Also someone who has a decent experience with installing struts/shocks and bodykits. Paint job's even better but not required. I plan on spending around 5 - 6 grand on parts and such. I figure all this would take about 3 - 5 days to complete, the engine swap taking the longest of the time.

What would you guys consider decent pay for the mechanic/tuner. I don't want to even consider paying an actual mechanic, I'll learn and do it myself before I do that. I mean heck they would cost upwards of $2500 dollars for labor. I'm looking for someone that can basicly work beside me and help me out for a few days for around $1000.

Let me know what you guys think, once again this won't be for 6 months so well there ya go.

(Search words so I can find it later)
(Casper Elsie Summer Swap BPT New Hampshire Loose Change Racing)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
Marlon

Re: Summer Swap (BPT)

Post by Marlon »

just start to ve friends with one of the guys in the shop then as them for help on the side
i'm sure someone would do it for a case of beer
or at the most 200
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
psyense82

Re: Summer Swap (BPT)

Post by psyense82 »

if i wasnt such a noob.. id do it for 3 12 packs of Corona! lol... but sadly im not that good. good luck with that
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”