Hard Shifting and Sputtering

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mcgowan

Hard Shifting and Sputtering

Post by mcgowan »

Well these are the symptoms, High RPM's idle at 1500, and RPMs fluctuate at idle reaching as high as 2000 then dropping almost till it stalls, Sometimes stalls for no reason then it is very difficult to start back up, Hard shifting, alot of emmissions, when letting off clutch in first rpms drop even with gas, this leads to stalling. Not sure waht is happening, mechanic wasn't sure either, Any help at would be great
Thanx
UnkleDuke

Re: Hard Shifting and Sputtering

Post by UnkleDuke »

I had issues with my idle fluctuating before I changed the water stat and pump. My idle is normally around 1500...No problems with it, so it hasn't concerned my so far...Hard shifting might be as simple as bushings on your shifter, may be tranny, so take a look at All your linkages between shifter assembly and tranny. As far as stalling in motion, no idea.
Bad/dirty injectors? Throttle body leak?
No Sig
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

check your EGR valve that could be the cause of all your problem. if its not working properly your computer is trying to compensate and it could cause the problems your having.
mcgowan

Post by mcgowan »

Well, its been almost two weeks, no progress, my mechanic can't figure it out, so its going into Mazda on Tuesday, If anyone can help me with some idea of whats happening, it would be great
Thanx

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”