Total Boost jdm engines?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3optidrive

Total Boost jdm engines?

Post by mx3optidrive »

Has anyone dealt with this company before? I am thinking about getting my motor from there and just want to know of any other experiences anyone else had with them. Thanks.
http://www.total-boost.com/?id=54869
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
Kenzie

Re: Total Boost jdm engines?

Post by Kenzie »

So far they've been really awesome. I've e-mailed them with questions a couple of times and they've always been really quick to respond. Plus, they're about $800US cheaper than www.StreetImports.com and they have a 110% guarantee, so even if you don't like your engine or dealing with them you can get your money back.

I'm ordering my engine sometime this month, as soon as I get everything worked out with my mechanic, so I'll let you know how it goes.

:2thumbsup: Kenzie

http://kenzie.total-boost.com/
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

honestly, why do people keep buying the bpt motors with the tranny? why do they pay extra for a part they can't use, and will more than likely not be able to sell?

<small>[ January 17, 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: OsoSlo z28 ]</small>
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Honestly...

I'm not buying a BPT. I'm buying a KLZE and I do need the tranny but I'm not going to pay Street Imports $1299 for the engine and $450 for the tranny when I can get it all for $949 from Total Boost.

But for those who are buying the BPT with the transmission...more power to them. I've had two 92's both with manual trannys and both had to be replace at about 190,000 miles. This last one took me a month to find so it never hurts to have a backup. Plus, if you look at the mentioned prices above you'll notice the TOTAL price for engine and tranny from Total Boost is LESS than the price of the engine alone at Street Imports. (Which I'm told is where most people are getting their engines.)

Sorry to disagree...but unless you know of somewhere cheaper I don't see why Total Boost isn't the better deal ($1349US-$1449US.)

:) Call me crazy but that's just the way I see it.

Kenz

www.total-boost.com/?id=89541
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i didn't say anything about which one you should buy from. in your case, since you need the tranny, it's not a bad deal. my comment was just focused on those that are getting the bpt motors. there's a place in atlanta that sells motors too. heard they have good prices.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”