My car is going to H3LL

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Cryogen-X

My car is going to H3LL

Post by Cryogen-X »

ok.. it takes about 3 trys to get hte car started and once it does start its i have to keep my foot on the gas at all time b/c it won't idle... :) once the car warms up it runs ok. the only engine mod i have done is the intake.. alos when i rev the engine i get the strange whistleing sound but can't tell where it's coming from any help would be great.. since this is my only form a transportation :)
I love my Car!!
rancid420potheadpunk

Re: My car is going to H3LL

Post by rancid420potheadpunk »

the whisteling sound is the intake, is the hold ligh on? if so check the sensor on the intka to make sure they are connected.
Cryogen-X

Post by Cryogen-X »

no the hold light is not on and the sensor for the intake are all connected like stock the only thing i have done is replaced the air box with a cone style filter :)

could it be my o2 sensor? i don't get any check angine lights or Oil pressure lights... so i have no clue...
I love my Car!!
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

A common problem that causes all sorts of effects is thta when the intake bend (black ribbed boot between the throttle body and the MAF) gets moved they crack.

Have somone hold the car steady idel wise if it wont do so on its own and spray it with some form of combustable chemical ie carb cleaners brake cleaner and see if it revs the engine up. This is also a good way to check for vaccum leaks. IF it does rev it up (1-200rpm just listen carefully you can hear it) then its leaking and needs ot eb reaplaced
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”