timing advance modification (ebay kit)

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
IceMole19

timing advance modification (ebay kit)

Post by IceMole19 »

I thought the ECU modifies the timing itself? Does this actualy gain up to 20hp as the kits on ebay say they do?
voltaire

Re: timing advance modification (ebay kit)

Post by voltaire »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IceMole19:<BR><STRONG>I thought the ECU modifies the timing itself? Does this actualy gain up to 20hp as the kits on ebay say they do?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Don't waste your time or your money on most of those things at Ebay. I'm pretty sure the one you're referring to is one single resistor worth maybe 5 cents that you wire on to the air temp sensor connection to the ECU.<P>An excerpt from one of the many of such auctions: <P>"All parts are INCLUDED with easy to follow instuctions. This do-it-yourself kit takes no knowledge of cars and is extremely easy to install. This timing advance kit will modify your stock ECU with a resistor."<P>"This mod tells your ECU that the air coming in through the intake is cold air this advances the timing, letting the engine produce more power. Releasing the true HORSEPOWER of your engine!"<P>20 HP? Yeah right!! Notice how this mod somehow gives the same gains on all makes and models?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: timing advance modification (ebay kit)

Post by Custommx3 »

the guy is a complete idiot and a rip off artist. Hopefully ebay will take care of him soon.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”