Strange Behavior

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Seanthepizzadude65065

Strange Behavior

Post by Seanthepizzadude65065 »

Ok, today I was crusing along at 70 mph, right when i pushed the accelerator down the engine bogs down, so i upshifted into 3rd, and tried it again same result I very quickly got over to the side of the road and when I stopped it it died, I tried to restart it and it died again. I turned the switch all the way off and took the key out reinserted the key and it fired right back up. This is about the seventh time it has done this in the last 3 monthes it seems to me that the engine isnt getting a signal from the ecu, because it does the same thing when you turn the car off when you are driving down the road with it still in gear. I have checked all of the connections that i can find and i have checked all of the fuses and everything was fine. The timing belt and the spark plugs where replaced last year when i got the car and they are still good for i have checked them. But anyways, does anyone know whats up with my car?
14" 5 spoke PRIME rims, GS spoiler,180 Watt Sony Head unit with a 4 Polk Audio EX series speakers, Kicker Solo Baric 8" sub, StrandTec custom Air system, Blue under dash neon tube, Blue windsheld wipernozzle LEDS,straght-through dual tip exhaust, Belive it or not but, I did a 0-60 in 7.23 seconds!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/seanthemx3er
UnkleDuke

Re: Strange Behavior

Post by UnkleDuke »

Maybe something wrong in the fuel system.
Bad filter, bad Gas, etc...
No Sig
Seanthepizzadude65065

Post by Seanthepizzadude65065 »

I thought of that too, so I replaced my fuel filter earlier this year and it happed like a couple of days later, so I dont think its the fuel, but i could be wrong :shrug:
14" 5 spoke PRIME rims, GS spoiler,180 Watt Sony Head unit with a 4 Polk Audio EX series speakers, Kicker Solo Baric 8" sub, StrandTec custom Air system, Blue under dash neon tube, Blue windsheld wipernozzle LEDS,straght-through dual tip exhaust, Belive it or not but, I did a 0-60 in 7.23 seconds!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/seanthemx3er
MX-3 Ricer

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

I had a VW bug that did that for a while, you might check the wire from the coilspring to the distributer cap. Inner wire was frayed on mine, i replaced it and it worked fine.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”