mpg's

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Stinky

mpg's

Post by Stinky »

What kind of mpg's do you guys get?I've put in ngk plugs,magnacore 8mm electrosport wires,new cap and rotor,new 02 sensor,fuel filter.The milage has gotten better,but i expected more.Right now i'm getting about 22mpg city driving.Is that average for the 1.6?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: mpg's

Post by mitmaks »

thats kinda low for 4 banger i get about 20 in city in my Gs
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

350 highway miles without gas light on yet
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

when i had my 1.6 i got about 25 in the city and 30+ on the highway.. i even managed to average 31.5 mpg on a 900 mile trip in excess of 100mph =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

you guys are jokin right,,, :D

maximum i can get on my crappy 1.6 DOHC is 350 KMs on a 32L tank of gas and thats like 70% highway, 30% city. Its in no way impressive to me, since i got the exact same milage on my 1.8 V6. I would be happy to hear suggestions on ways to increase my gas mileage significantly.

PS: i have had the car for 2 months now, but have no clue when a tuneup was done. :shrug:
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

Take your car to jiffy lube or similar and have them do a fuel system cleaner job. It cleans the intake system as well. It helped alot. better gas millage. I get 350km city and 490km hiway with a V6.
It costs $65.00

<small>[ September 22, 2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: jpwmx3 ]</small>
dancake

Post by dancake »

Wow Iv never Heard of anything like that. All we get is "STP fuel injector cleaner" for £5 and it does f*ck all good.
MX-3 1.8 V6, 120000 miles. Aqua green metallic.My car domain page is here. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=395842&page=2
gutszi

Post by gutszi »

when I bought my car over a year ago I was getting about 300kms for 30L. now I get 420km but all I've been doing is feeding it octane boosters and fuel injector cleaners, I also changed the spark plugs, airfilter, and wires, and I switched to castorl synthetic oil. now it's going back down to about 420km, 33-34L and I've stoped feeding the additives for over acouple months now. oh yeah I also use 93 octane why, I don't know cause I'm stupid but I like it.
gutszi
"the Stupid One"
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

You didn't say wether you have a SOHC or a DOHC engine. On average DOHCs tend to run better & get better milage.
Good ways to improve your milage: A real fuel system cleaning like the one mentioned at Jiffy Lube plus a dose of injector cleaner in the tank once in a while, complete transmission servicing to prevent slippage/power bleed-off, check tire pressure regularly, dont drive like you're on the set of the fast & the idiotic,...
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
guyaverage

Post by guyaverage »

Someone else had a post here a while back about bad mpg from the 1.6, he was getting 22mpg also. He wrote back in said he found his timing had slipped 11 degrees. If you havent already checked yours, its worth checking.
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”