Bleed my clutch?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
The_Great_Tonge

Bleed my clutch?

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

well...my car is actin up agian. i have a tiny leak in my read drums that i dont know what i can do about, so my break fluid keeps getting low. but when the brake fluid gets low, then the clucth starts loosin pressure. i had my buddy at lexus bleed it twice for me but now i dont see him as often. i need to know how to bleed to the clucth because i added break fuild but the clucth is still kinda soft, and im tired of havin a softy boy clutch. please help...
insomniac

Re: Bleed my clutch?

Post by insomniac »

i got a suggestion. FIX THE BRAKE LINE! i dont mean to be a d**k but thats very dangerous to drive around like that.
Mx-3 Xplod

Post by Mx-3 Xplod »

do u have a 1.6 or 1.8 liter mx-3 what year is it and is it manual or auto. with my 93 1.6 manual mx-3 u have to jack up the front the front end and there is a bolt near ur cross member on the bottom of the transaxle that will drain ur tranny fluid. to fill it up screw the bolt back on the go to the top of the transaxle and take ur speedometer cable out of the transaxle and i think u put in 4 quarts of tranny fluid.
i shall drop and rx-7 twin turbo in my 93 4 banger
The_Great_Tonge

hmmmmmmmmmmm........i had it bleed twice before this, when i just put the clucth in. It a 1.6 dohc and i didnt have to jack the car up or anything. i just couldnt see what he was doing because i was pumpin the clucth and he is outta town now so i gotta figure this out. about the brakes, i dont know where the brake fluid is leaking, it does it like every other month or so. i dont see any leakage but its going somewhere. :shrug:
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Take the drums off, look at the wheel cylinders. It's probably coming from there.
The_Great_Tonge

nope its not, its commin from the master cylder. damn car, if its not one thing its another :shrug:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”