MX3 vibrating + shaking...help!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
czwan

MX3 vibrating + shaking...help!

Post by czwan »

Hi, my 93 MX-3 shakes/vibrates when i come to a stop. It doesn't do this if it's in Park or Neutral...also, the shaking isn't as bad if I turn the AC off. I have heard this is common with the MX-3...I have also been told to maybe adjust the idle...or the timing...and I have also been told about the motor mounts. Since this seems to be a common problem, I was wondering if anyone could please give me some input? Before I get screwed by some repair shop, I'd like to know what the truth is! Thank a lot!
guyaverage

Re: MX3 vibrating + shaking...help!

Post by guyaverage »

If you mean it almost stalls when coming to a stop or while sitting in traffic then read THIS or THIS or THIS or do a search for idle problems,its been beaten to death. For some people its been the PVC valve, for some its been plugs, wires, dist.cap, etc etc. Personally I think the infamous problem is the IAC valve (its on the throttle body). Its easy to remove and clean and even if its not THE problem on your car it will probably make SOME difference.
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
XxLuieLinesxX

Re: MX3 vibrating + shaking...help!

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

yea i have the same problem, i'm tired of having to put my car in neutral...if any1 knows about this..let us kno<p>thanks

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”