need help on info for engine swaping

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
NYmx3power

need help on info for engine swaping

Post by NYmx3power »

I need help on getting information on how to swap from 1.6 4cyl to a 2.5 6cyl. If you guys can help me out to find what kind of manuals, tools, parts and info i need in order to successfully swap a 6cyl into my car. thanks
InTeGy911

Re: need help on info for engine swaping

Post by InTeGy911 »

VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NYmx3power:<BR><STRONG>I need help on getting information on how to swap from 1.6 4cyl to a 2.5 6cyl. If you guys can help me out to find what kind of manuals, tools, parts and info i need in order to successfully swap a 6cyl into my car. thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You'd be better off staying with a 4-cyl. It's cheaper, and you can get just as much power out of them. In fact a guy by the name of Dave Lauzier (at least I think that's his name) swapped his V6 for an I4 because he wanted as much power as possible.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

either take the car to a-spec up in canada and have them do it, or like vizual said, stay with the 4cyl. personally, i'd stay with the 4cyl.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
NYmx3power

Post by NYmx3power »

thanks I think i'll stay with 4cyl. i have another question though my 4cyl is really slow and has 94k on it...is it better to swap another 4cyl like from another mx-3 or should i just work on the engine i have now
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NYmx3power:<BR><STRONG>thanks I think i'll stay with 4cyl. i have another question though my 4cyl is really slow and has 94k on it...is it better to swap another 4cyl like from another mx-3 or should i just work on the engine i have now</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>if you're going to swap, upgrade...b6t, bpt, etc. i suggest the bpt... :D
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
NYmx3power

Post by NYmx3power »

do you know where can i get a bpt engine?......i'm kinda new to to the whole customizing my mx-3 so if ya can help me out that would be great thanx :)
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

even though i think me and ashley are a little biased i think ill add my .02 cents. get the bpt. theres numerous places to get it. i would probly say corksport is one of the most common places to get the bpt from. but to get a listing go to google.com and type in mazda bpt engine importers. anyways look at previous posts on here and that way you can see what all parts youll end up needing. then if you have any questions just ask. well like i said just search around on here and get some moore info and see if thats what you do wanna do.<P>good luck in what ever you end up doing.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NYmx3power:<BR><STRONG>thanks I think i'll stay with 4cyl. i have another question though my 4cyl is really slow and has 94k on it...is it better to swap another 4cyl like from another mx-3 or should i just work on the engine i have now</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The price to swap a BPT in will be about the same as to put another engine in, unless you get a good deal on a stock engine. A kid in my town replaced his K8 (V6) engine. He's not on the board so he had no idea the KL or KLZE engines were available. It cost him $500 for the engine, $400 for rebuild, and I don't remember how much for installation. It was about the same price as if he'd just gotten a KLZE. You can get a BPT for $990 at <BR><A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A>. God luck, and be sure you let us all know how it goes. Welcome to the board.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
THStrumpet

Post by THStrumpet »

Hey guys, on corksport there are two different BPT engines, one is twice as much and says from GTR, what is the difference?
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THStrumpet:<BR><STRONG>Hey guys, on corksport there are two different BPT engines, one is twice as much and says from GTR, what is the difference?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ball bearing turbo, sodium filled exhaust valves, 8.2:1 CR. there are other differences, but those are the main things.<p>[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

+im sure what ashley forgot to add was that you might as well get the gtx bpt motor. :D <BR>if youd like to you can wait on a gtr but youll be old as hell with gray hair before you get one unless your very lucky. and for the price i think id rather get the gtx version. like ashley said there are diff. but either motor is very sufficient in power potential.<P>have fun onthe swap when you do it
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
patapouf

Post by patapouf »

I was also interested in swapping a GTX engine. For the price listed on corksport's website, will I have everything I need to do the swap?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patapouf:<BR><STRONG>I was also interested in swapping a GTX engine. For the price listed on corksport's website, will I have everything I need to do the swap?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>no. that is just for the motor. there's a write up done a buy a few people combined in one post by david: <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 4&t=000001" TARGET=_blank>BPT FAQ</A>
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”