No reverse!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Q

No reverse!

Post by Q »

Today i was workin on my car and when i took it off the jacks i couldn't switch inot reverse and the other 5 gears are normal. Could you tell me what's wrong with my transmission?
Len-Dogg

Re: No reverse!

Post by Len-Dogg »

Sometimes my reverse is a bit hard to get into. If I put it into another gear like second, and then back to reverse that seems to help. Sometimes I do it back and forth a few times like a teeter-totter. LOL
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

My cure-all for manual transmission trouble is a good ole' fashioned tranny flush. If you dont feel like flushing it, just drain the old oil and put new oil in it. Spend the extra money and get synthetic. I mean come on, how often do you change your tranny oil? Do it right the first time and you will have a smooth shifting tranny.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
TanWong

Post by TanWong »

how to change the tranny oil?
and what kind of oil ?
Now i want to sell some parts of my car in order to cover the expense for fixing the car -_-

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”