hey

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ruben MX-3

hey

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

Whats up ppl.... Went to J.K. Auto Parts & Finally got my transmission.. now... the guy there gave me a 1.8 J-spec Tranny.... The bell housing looks the same... thing is i havent checked to see if it would fit... i drive a 1994 1.6 RS and the Tranny Came From a 1994 J-SPEC BP 1.8L Let Me Know If I'll Be Alrite... Ciao
Marlon

Re: hey

Post by Marlon »

u need a tranny mount
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

tranny mounts? are u sure i need tranny mounts? cuz this transmission looks to fit... but i havent checked.... if anyone knows about this please respond thanks...<p>[ May 02, 2003: Message edited by: ALLSPEED GiNO ]</p>
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

u need rhe tranny mount on top of the tranny
it should come with it antways
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

GREAT JUST GOT SCREWED! Attemped To Install it This Morning...... and the throttle pin had 22 spleens where as my clutch had 20.... so i guess no j-spec tranny for me.... :shrug: im not gonna buy a freakin new clutch! all i want is my stock tranny... or anything with the same bolt pattern and same amount of spleens on the throttle pin.... anyone have any ideas?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

you do have a clutch kit for a protege right?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

no why i need one? how much is that gonna cost? isnt it just better to get a stock tranny again?
Or Will i notice better performance with the 1.8 j-spec tranny? Also is the protege the only car i can get it off of?<p>[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: ALLSPEED GiNO ]</p>
maldo

Post by maldo »

Why are you using a G25 tranny with a B6? The only time you should be using that tranny (in most cases) is with a BP swap. You will need the mount as well as the different clutch in order for this setup to work on you B6. May even need to swap axles (could be wrong).
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

CRAP! lol so i wont get any better performance? and how much do you think a clutch would cost...? also what are swap axles? :S teeheh thanks man.
maldo

Post by maldo »

Sure a stock tranny would be simpler to put in but what if that "j-spec" tranny has an lsd? Wouldn't you want to keep it? I sure would. Find out if it has the lsd first. If it does, I would upgrade the flywheel and clutch. Doing so would be a good performance increase - better grip, better handling, better cornering, greater clutch capacity. If it doesn't, well, what you do with it is up to you. Essentially what you are doing is the tranny portion of the BP swap, refer to the FAQs for notes on that. I can't guarantee that you would need the axles but to the best of my knowledge I think you will.
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

Okie... Thanks a Bunch Chris! I'll Let you guys kno What Happens By Tuesday<p>Thanks To Everyone Else! You Guys Are The Best!<p>[ May 03, 2003: Message edited by: ALLSPEED GiNO ]</p>
maldo

Post by maldo »

Sure a stock tranny would be simpler to put in but what if that "j-spec" tranny has an lsd? Wouldn't you want to keep it? I sure would. Find out if it has the lsd first. If it does, I would upgrade the flywheel and clutch. Doing so would be a good performance increase - better grip, better handling, better cornering, greater clutch capacity. If it doesn't, well, what you do with it is up to you. Essentially what you are doing is the tranny portion of the BP swap, refer to the FAQs for notes on that. I can't guarantee that you would need the axles but to the best of my knowledge I think you will.
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

Wut clutch can i drop in that will fit this tranny? can some one give me a list of clutches??? Prices too.... CDN$ thanks.... Ciao.<p>[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: ALLSPEED GiNO ]</p>
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

wow....do research before you spend money, jsut works out better that way...
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ryencool:
wow....do research before you spend money, jsut works out better that way...<hr></blockquote><p>don't mean to sound like an @$$, but he's right. make sure that what parts you have will do the trick before you start any project.<p>[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]</p>
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”