Best to Shift at What RPM?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ruben MX-3

Best to Shift at What RPM?

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

Hey ppl, Just wondering.... for the guys/gals who race what would the best rpm be to shift at to get the most power out of my RS with: intake, exhaust, ngk wires and platinum spark plugs ? :shrug:
keetonFXY

Re: Best to Shift at What RPM?

Post by keetonFXY »

redline
redline
no power haha
no power
if your in 5th and winning you must be racing a kia or a geo
Nah im joking you can beat a wide variety in an RS you gotta find what works for you.
i find you have to redline it for power or just under
I also have a RS
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I'd like to know what cars you can beat in an RS...especially the SOHC version...they are so slow.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Oh i forgot to post the info...when trying to go as fast as possible i shift at the redline.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Post by Guest »

i just double clutch when racing at almost redline
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

just redline? that would mean ur losing torque..... i want torque and at the same time i dont wanna lose horse..... oh yea i dunno about u guys and ur RS's but mine is running on crack... lol its posessed.<p>ciao ppl.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

the car has no torque to begin with... shift at redline or even a little beyond redline for your fastest results
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

okie
keetonFXY

Post by keetonFXY »

ok I easily take stock 1.8 V6's in my little DOHC 1.6 I dunno neon's cavelers. but i admit the power is lacking haha
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

thats weird my car is pretty fast...
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sta63:
i just double clutch when racing at almost redline<hr></blockquote><p>lol
so how do you do that?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by keetonFXY:
ok I easily take stock 1.8 V6's in my little DOHC 1.6 I dunno neon's cavelers. but i admit the power is lacking haha<hr></blockquote><p>you take k8's in your 1.6? what mods do you have? Prove to me that its more than the hand of God pushing you past a car with 30 more hp.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>i just double clutch when racing at almost redline <hr></blockquote><p>i think u only need to double clutch when the rpm doesnt match with the gear. if it's at almost redline, u just need to change the next gear. :shrug:
keetonFXY

Post by keetonFXY »

hey you have both get your gf to drive the GS and if your rs is in good shape try racing her... but first hollow out the cat on the rs and put intake on and and make sure you engine vacuum pressure and compression are perfect shorten your shift, put new valve springs in basically I have a great engine that is lite and puts out I have spent hours repairing the ****er and I take car of it do that and im sure you would be able to take it . now I have no idea if the GS's I have encountered are auto or not but many have pulled up beside me and all have gone down.
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by keetonFXY:
hey you have both get your gf to drive the GS and if your rs is in good shape try racing her... but first hollow out the cat on the rs and put intake on and and make sure you engine vacuum pressure and compression are perfect shorten your shift, put new valve springs in basically I have a great engine that is lite and puts out I have spent hours repairing the ****er and I take car of it do that and im sure you would be able to take it . now I have no idea if the GS's I have encountered are auto or not but many have pulled up beside me and all have gone down.<hr></blockquote><p>I see your in oakville.. I'll be at Cayuga once or twice in May, if you wanna try your luck :roll:
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”