DOHC swap

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Paragon

DOHC swap

Post by Paragon »

ok everyone, before you flame me here, i have searched, i'm only posting this as a confirmation before i go out and spend hundreds of dollars. To put a stock DOHC motor into my 92 RS, all i would need (other than the motor) would be the stock ECU and harness. Now i know that i won't be getting a big boost in performance, but i can't go with the B6T cuz i'm not cutting my carbon fiber hood (thanks again jarid) and i cant afford nor do i have the time to do a BPT. with all the performance parts available for the DOHC as compared to the SOHC, i think it's a worthwile project. would there be anything else other than the motor, the ECU, and the harness needed? thank you all.
marshmallow15

Re: DOHC swap

Post by marshmallow15 »

nope i believe thas all you'll need. the wiring might be a little tough to finish though.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

if you get the harness it will be very easy. while your at it might as well boost it! :D :D
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

no worries, the boost will later!
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

do you have a dohc or not. if not i have one if youd like as well as the tranny and all. i also have the stock ecu as well. just let me know. its a 5 speed tranny.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

dude dont swap the DOHC, get a nitrous kit...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

natural born honda killer: no, i do not have the motor or ecu...i'll talk to you tonight about it when i get home
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

thats cool. if im not here or dont respond just email me. otherwise ill talk to you tonight.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
jeff

Post by jeff »

Do you have DOHC? if you do, you could always go with the head that you have on your car, that would take away the need to have your hood modified, and you could still put that engine in. from what I have read the head on the DOHC B6ZE flows quite well and would be good for the engine, I plan on using that head on my B6T in a week or so when I get it in, just getting it ported and polished now. that would be another option for you
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

hey honda killer, i got caught up in some stuff last night and didn't end up getting home till about 11;30 9 (i was trying to find where i'm leaking oil, bad valve cover gasket) i'm gonna write you an email when i get to school.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeff:<BR><STRONG>Do you have DOHC? if you do, you could always go with the head that you have on your car, that would take away the need to have your hood modified, and you could still put that engine in. from what I have read the head on the DOHC B6ZE flows quite well and would be good for the engine, I plan on using that head on my B6T in a week or so when I get it in, just getting it ported and polished now. that would be another option for you</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>no, i don't have the DOHC motor in my car. i have the SOHC with 156,000 miles on it, so i wanna swap bad :D but i don't wanna buy 2 motors to piece together one for my car, if i were to do that i'd just buy the BPT...wish i could afford it, though!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”