MY Cold Air intake

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
The_Great_Tonge

MY Cold Air intake

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

Well i had the reactive heat sheild for a while then i finally got out and bought the extension for it. allows me to make a cai!!!<P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P>I broke the little mesh thingy when puttin it in Image oh ya i just realized a tiny bit of tire rubbed against it. ah well...<BR> Image <P> Image
dam2009

Re: MY Cold Air intake

Post by dam2009 »

isn't the extantion like a $100??? I saw one of those, but for that money...... where did you get it?
The_Great_Tonge

It cost me $60 US. I got it from one of the performance shops around here. They stop making it tho so it was kinda hard to find.
Johnjj728

Post by Johnjj728 »

i made an intake similiar to that for my sohc but instead of that yellow thing i bought drier ducting from home depot and clamped it to the end of the heat shield filter and routed it to where foglights are on mazdaspeed bumper.worked great...til my engine died :(
The_Great_Tonge

sucky, i wanted something nice and this was it. but its all just nuts compared to a turbo!
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

while we are on the topic...i also have a ractive heat shield filter...and i built my own CAI out of a 4" to 3" silicone reducer fitting, and a piece of 3" dia 90 degree bend PVC pipe...want pics or details? ask me, and i'll do it up...
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”