clutch suggestions?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ryencool

clutch suggestions?

Post by Ryencool »

my clutch has been slipping for a while and im finally going to replace it. However what clutch should I get if I plan on running the b6t sometime within hte next year? centerforce df ( heared good and bad ) , ACT, clutch masters, or any other type, just need some feed back
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: clutch suggestions?

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryencool:<BR><STRONG>my clutch has been slipping for a while and im finally going to replace it. However what clutch should I get if I plan on running the b6t sometime within hte next year? centerforce df ( heared good and bad ) , ACT, clutch masters, or any other type, just need some feed back</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Depends on mods..If its a stock motor go with clutchmasters. If you are going to do any mods go with ACT. Check <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

im not going to keep it stock. I want to have it pushing 250hp next summer, I have heared about ACT but there are none on hte corksport site, just centerforce and a mazdaspeed set ( is this act ? ) if the mazdaspeed one isnt act then does act have a website?
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

<A HREF="http://www.advancedclutch.com/" TARGET=_blank>ACT's Home Page</A>
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

hey man I would go with act if I were you. I got the act ZP1-HDR6 its the heavy duty pressure plate with 6 puck racing disc. Its alittle over kill for my car right now, but I have big plans for the mx-3 so i thought I would get it when my factory clutch went out. <P>It takes a little getting used to, but you can get the hang of it. its awsome and grabs like no other. Never worry about this bad boy failing you.<P>dominic
RIP 95 rs

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”