BRAKE NOISE.....??????????

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
FIRULIO

BRAKE NOISE.....??????????

Post by FIRULIO »

HELLO EVERYONE...<BR>well it's been a while since i post something in here,so here it goes...<P>every time i made a turn and brake or getting to a complete stop or pushing the brake pedal all the way to the end, there is this noise from the brake that goes clank,clank,clank...<BR>cvjoints are ok, new brake pads.<BR>my guess is that is the calipers!!!!<BR>anybody with this problem before?????<BR>or it could be something else..<BR>thanks. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
TO NOS OR NOT TO NOS? THAT IS THE QUESTION
dam2009

Re: BRAKE NOISE.....??????????

Post by dam2009 »

it might be the worn rotor , but if a someone just changed the pads, I think they'd notice... is it puling on a side as well? if so it could be a seized caliper
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

I have the same f---ing probleme for about 1 week.. When I stop.. I have a clack clack clack.. <P>I want to know !!! GRRRRRR
whinypunk

Post by whinypunk »

me too! same f---ing problem!
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i have the same prob, i think it's the rotor...and btw, i'm not a mod, but language, guys?
FIRULIO

Post by FIRULIO »

wow..so i'm not the only one with the same problem..<BR>well....before i changed the pads i did change both rotors...<BR>but..now that you mention that, the car does pull to the left,so it may be the caliper then...<BR>let me take a look at my caliper and i let you know guys...<BR>thanks..... :cool:
metalik

Post by metalik »

The brake noise is very common, and is usually caused by the 2 main sleeves on the brake calipers.
Ryan the tattoo artist<BR>1992 MX-3RS
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

I don't know.. but From my left one.. I can see a damn rusty piece of metal..Just behind the Brake Disk..It Look like rusty..It's probably That.. Or I need to change the damn disk!! I don't know.. But..If I drive for about an 1 hour.. I will have no sound .. But sudenly the sound will start and drive me crazy.. So If i stop the car for about 2 hours.. The stop will stop.. So What the @#%@#% it's going on!!!
FIRULIO

Post by FIRULIO »

soo....that's it...<BR>i'm getting new calipers this weekend,because that !@#$% noise is drving me crazy...<BR>thanks for the help.....<BR>adiux

Post by Guest »

i've got the same problem,changed the brake pads and rotors and the noise was still there.so i looked to see if any one else had that problem on this site,i was told i'd probably only have to change the sleeves on the caliper.I've yet to get around to it but it's alot cheaper to change the sleeves but easier to change the whole caliper
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

if it does it when you turn, it's probably a CV joint

Post by Guest »

wow i got the same prob too":P very interesting

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”