Car starts/runs but stalls in Drive, barely idles...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Cudalord

Car starts/runs but stalls in Drive, barely idles...

Post by Cudalord »

Hey all...I just purchased a 1993 Mazda mx3 for really cheap. Has a 1.6, automatic. Now I have to figure out what's wrong with this thing and I was hoping you could help me out! <P>The car has about 100K on it. Over all in good shape. No major abuse. Starts right up, but idles very rough. Attempted to adjust the idle and the BISS (that adjustment on the intake), but can't quite get it to idle, and if I do, the idle is very irratic. I was thinking maybe the Mass Air flow sensor? I checked all the plugs and they were burning fine with no signs of oil, gas, etc. Also checked for any obvious vacuum leaks but saw nothing. Took off distributor cap and it looks fine, brand new actually along w/wires. <P>I haven't totally gotten into the car yet..For all I know some idiot changed the wires and screwed up the firing order, but I was wondering if you all might have any advice. This is my first Mazda and I'd love to bring this car back to life... <P>Thanks! :)
marshmallow15

Re: Car starts/runs but stalls in Drive, barely idles...

Post by marshmallow15 »

having the same problem bro...i heard its a vacuum leak, but cant find any leaks. its possible it might be my alternator or something...hopefully its not my alternator.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
majicmike

Re: Car starts/runs but stalls in Drive, barely idles...

Post by majicmike »

fire =1342 check to make sure the wires are not touching anything hot or metal.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”