can i get get there...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
anjin1982

can i get get there...

Post by anjin1982 »

i got a sohc 92 i know its only got 88 hp (i notice it!) my goal is min 100hp i have money but not enuf for a swap i need to know if i can reach my goal of 100 hp with:<BR>1)msn igition<BR>2)8.5 mm plug wires<BR>3)better plugs (which ones?)<BR>4)reactive air filter w/ heat shield and the ext. kit for cold air(already got the bumper cut<BR>5)cat bac exhast(spell wrong who cares!)<BR> All my friends says i should get a another car but damn i love this car!! i aint trying to break the sound barrier i just want better pick-up, aint nothing wrong w/ that right!?!?...
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
jaydog5678

Re: can i get get there...

Post by jaydog5678 »

You may be able to achieve 100 flywheel hp with this, but wheel hp will be anywhere from 15% to 30% less. Of course a header would'nt hurt either. If there is any money left over, you could go with a small NOS setup to get the 100 wheel hp you desire.
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

bigger flow and bigger exchaust. get k&n filter (don't go with the ractive) , then 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 cat back system. If you're looking for better ignition set up get bosch platinum +4 plugs and NGK wires or if you wanna go thicker 8.8mm accel. thats a good start, but if you wanna get the best of the mx-3 unfortunately you gotta swap the engine.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dam2009:<BR><STRONG>bigger flow and bigger exchaust. get k&n filter (don't go with the ractive) , then 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 cat back system. If you're looking for better ignition set up get bosch platinum +4 plugs and NGK wires or if you wanna go thicker 8.8mm accel. thats a good start, but if you wanna get the best of the mx-3 unfortunately you gotta swap the engine.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>2" is as big as you want to go for a low revving 1.6L engine. <P>spark plug wires and plugs dont *ADD* any horsepower, dont waste your money.<P>Bosch +4s are junk.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

The only advantage to a Platnium plug is that it the igion has a easier time achivbing arc over. Which for some of the better plugs you can increse the gap size and get a bit better performace this being 1-2 fwhp.. but in case of bosch plat +4's where the gap is not adjsutable.. your smokin mcpotty..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”