11sec mx3

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ebsouljah

11sec mx3

Post by Ebsouljah »

How come Dave Lauzier is the only guy runnin 11's. How come no one else trys do the same set up as him. I know he did alot of costom work, but does that we cant find some company to do it. Does anyone know how much money it cost him to do all that. And on the web site (http://members.attcanada.ca/~dragon64/dave.html) it said that his car was realitly stock.. Any way, thanx in adavance<P>Mykil² [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
OsoSlo z28

Re: 11sec mx3

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i'm in the process, but it takes time and money. he rebuilt his whole bottom end. plus he goes through trannies quite a bit. all this equals money. true, if you get sponsored, then you'll be a lot better off.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

He never broke a bottom end...just decided he'd build it before he did.<P>the biggest issue is tranny. We, simply put, dont have a tranny that can handle the power that our engines can produce. That coupled with short-gearing limited the FWD mazdas. <P>Dave's car is gone...his turbo setup has passed hands a bunch of times, and i havent the foggiest who has it now.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i never said he broke anything on the bottom end. also, it was stated not too long ago that he still had his mx. though the last part i don't know for sure mainly because i don't know him personally.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

oh, i didnt mean to imply that you thought he broke something...just stating that he never did. :)<P>Also, i again wasnt speaking as though he didnt have the car, simply that the turbo setup that put him in the 11s is gone...has been for ~2 years.<P>and no, i dont know him either, but ive been around the boards and you hear stuff.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

it's all good ;) <P>has he started another project or is he done with it all?<P>off the topic, but with me having the bpt motor swap, does that disqualify me for scca?
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

No idea about Dave now...<P><BR>start a topic in the racing forum, and ill be happy to answer it ;) (gotta try to get some people to actually read it and go autoX)<p>[ July 04, 2002: Message edited by: ProtegeSTS ]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Manach

Post by Manach »

SCCA, AutoX.. = Rally? :P<P>I wonder where there is driving school near Quebec city, Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto, or anything between to attend ;)<P>Thanks for any infos..
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Check out the NHRA Website in the Summit Import Racing Division, There is a 1995 MX-3 there doing the Quarter Mile in 7.75 Seconds, I'm not sure of the Web URL, but I'm sure you can find it, but he has dumped ALOT of money into that car :eek:<P>Strange, I just looked at the NHRA Web site, and I didn't see the MX-3 there anymore...I wonder what happend [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] and the RX7.com Rx-7 wasn't there either, the site must be messed up or somthing, no clue...<p>[ July 10, 2002: Message edited by: white94mx3 ]
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the person you are referring to is marcos acosta with a rwd cosmo 3-rotor twin turbo conversion mx-3. i don't know if he's still running the mx because he was working on another project.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Yeah That's the Guy! and yeah, I heard somthing about that. that thing was bad as hello
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”