94 dohc turbo (anyone got a dyno test done)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Stevech_2001

94 dohc turbo (anyone got a dyno test done)

Post by Stevech_2001 »

Hey I am thinking about possibly putting a turbo on my car and I was just wondering if anyone that has done the turbo what kinda specs your are making (hp, torque???) Thanks.
Steve
jeff

Re: 94 dohc turbo (anyone got a dyno test done)

Post by jeff »

Hey man.. I'm not sure what the hp and tourqe would be.. it would depend on what turbo you were using.. I was thinking about putting a turbo on my engine but then I just bought the B6T as that was a better option for me. if you go through with it you'll have to let me know how it turns out for you
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

i have put a turbo on my 94 dohc and at 5 psi it is night and day. I beat a type r integra, and just recently beat a new vette(barely). This was not at the track though. but the turbo works great
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

Ya man there is no way you beat a type R or a corvette it would be faster than stock but you would have to be running like 15 psi to beat a type R. Keep Dreaming
Steve
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

First off, Which Engine do you have? The 1.6L DOHC? or the 1.6L SOHC? I have the DOHC, and I Ordered the VJ-16 Turbo, the same Turbo used on the BPT Engine, I just had a Manifold Custom made for my Engine and the Turbo, That Turbo has a max of 18lbs of Boost, and a HP Increase of 200-250HP, BUT! Before you run that kind of boost through the engine, Then engine will need many upgrades, that's why I havn't put it on yet, because I am going to get the J-Spec Engine (has all the internal upgrades) and then put the Turbo on that. So if You're using the J-Spec Engine (132HP) with the VJ-16 Turbo, You'll be running about 382HP, Then you can get the Cool air intake, Performace Exhasut Manifold, Performace Exhuast and High Flo cat, so After Those Mods right there that I named, You'll be running close to 410HP, Which is pretty damn nice for Such a Light car :)
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

oh yeah, and what I ment by the VJ-16 Being the Turbo used on the BPT, I didn't mean it as being the Stock Turbo that comes with the engine, it's an Upgraded Turbo for the engine.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the vj16 is for the b6t, not the bpt. why would you have a custom mani made for your car when the factory b6t mani fits perfectly. if you're getting the motor, then it will come with a mani as well. also, the j-spec b6t comes with around 150hp, the n. american b6t came with 132. for you to achieve that much boost and that much hp, a lot more is needed than internal motor strength. you need precision ignition, fuel, and boost control along with a very efficient cooling system. just because the turbo can efficiently hold that much psi, doesn't mean that you will get that high w/o detonation.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Yeah sorry, I ment the b6t, I had the BPT on my mind at the moment, because I was reading up on the specs for it, and I had the Custom Manifold made for my Engine, not the J-Spec Engine, cause I had it ordered Before I knew Enough about my stock engine, and then I found out it Couldn't handle more than 6-7lbs of Boost at in current stock configuration, and even then it's risky, and Yes I know that the J-Spec Engine Still needs some modifications, but I am going to have it Modified before it's shipped to me, that's why I have been E-mailing Corksport back n forth trying to configure it correctly so it can handle the Turbos Full 18psi
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

my friend has a type r and we raced a few times. i always got him off the line and he never caught up. My car is tuned properly that might have something to do with it. I also have a underdrive crank pulley, ported and polished head, full 3 inch exaust, apex safc, vortech fmu, sard racing fuel pressure regulator, and a upgraded mass air flow meter . I know how to tune the car because i have an egt. As for the corvette i said barely. It was a cold night and my car was running good. Plus that doesnt mean he knew how to drive either. I know if it was hot i probably would have been spanked.
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

I dont know man type r they are fast your friend must not be screaming it to fuel cut or something....you would need some low comp pistons to handle lot's of boost to be able to get near the 197 a type r put's out and maybe a stand alone zdyne unit....It just seems really hard to believe (maybe your friend has an ls with a type r sticker (j/k)....ahhhhh good old rice boys..)...how much psi are you running man, and anyone is going to be critical on that statement that you made about the type r
Steve
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

whitemx. the best way to get that high of hp is to get a stand alone engine management system(haltech is a good one). those are going to run you around $1100+. the s-afc will work, but you won't be able to reach extremely high boost. also,(not sure about this one)i think the turbo can get you to 200-250hp, not add that much hp over stock. the b6t has a fairly low CR, so it's not going to make as much diff per-#, but the motor can hold quite a bit, so you can eventually achieve high numbers. talk to maldo(chris malden). he has a b6t and has been messing with it for a while. <P><BR>the type r has 195hp and 130tq. they weigh about 200#'s more than the mx. if he's running 5psi on his stock motor with the 9.3:1 CR and good tuning, he could be pushing anywhere from 155-180hp. let's say he's running 180hp. with amount of tq he has over the type r, it's possible he could win. but in a high speed run, the type r would take him.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Hmm...That sounds like a Good idea...well, if I'm going to go and do that, I guess I better get back to work and make some more money heheheeheheh

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”