synthetic vs. traditional oil...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
phantom12183

synthetic vs. traditional oil...

Post by phantom12183 »

Hey this weekend is oil change time...I am wondering what type of synthetic oil i should use in my 3. Any suggestions?? Also, what oil filter is a good combo with synthetic??? Thanks !!
Have a wonderful day!<P>[banned because he believed rules werent ment to be followed. Tried to reason with him, but refused to cooperate. Decided to insult, those posts deleted, Banned. Sorry, but rules are rules, I dont make them, I'm asked to enforce them.]
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: synthetic vs. traditional oil...

Post by mitmaks »

u can use mobil 1 5W-30 racing, fram filters work good but if u can afford some money get mobil 1 with anti-drain valve
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
phantom12183

Post by phantom12183 »

when u say mobil 1, is that the filter? The filter has the anti-drain valve? what is the purpose?
Have a wonderful day!<P>[banned because he believed rules werent ment to be followed. Tried to reason with him, but refused to cooperate. Decided to insult, those posts deleted, Banned. Sorry, but rules are rules, I dont make them, I'm asked to enforce them.]
phantom12183

Post by phantom12183 »

By the way, I'm not going to be racing at the track or anything, I just want what is best for my engine.
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Just stay away from Synthetic Blend you probably would want to go with complete Synthetic oil.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

is there a particular reason you said that? <P>I use mobil 1 oil and filter... 5w in summer 10w in winter, with a flush in between or course. Have had not one engine problem in 100k
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Post by Guest »

How many Km's on your car? If it is a little high and there was an owner before u, use regular oil and a mazda filter. I have been using that for a long long time and i now have 270,000km with a nice running engine. just change the oil regularly. IMO synthetic is for people who race, have high perfomance engines aor where winter conditions are brutal. I recommend castrol for regular oil.<BR>If u choose synthetic mobil 1 tri synthetic race blend is by far the best.<BR>Also i would still recommend a mazda filter. They also have a valve if it clogs up. Fram does not and mazda was made for your car.<BR>hope this helps. :cool:
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

if you want the best then "Red line" is the absolute pinicle of high quality oil....after that I would say "AMS oil" they have proven facts that they beat mobil hands down....mobil is a good chose for a decent cheap oil because it is cheaper then redline and alittle cheaper then AMS....but you change the oil half as much with redline and AMS so it's up to you man...
Steve
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

I think what you run should depend on the application. Sever use ie a pizza delivary driver/racing.. =] ... You should run a synthentic. Moblie one is a respectable synthteic oil. I personally would use a wix filter weather or not i was running synthetic oil.<P>Everyday use i would just suggest castrol gtx 10w30 and pending the ambient temprature be carefull of the 5w oils. In texas in the winter you still need to run a 10 =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Hey people ,<BR> Well I use Mobil 1 also , but I use 10w30 and 10w40 one for summer and one for winter. 5w30 is very thin and if you have over 100k miles you want a heavier oil. syn oil is better then regular because it does not break down and thin out like regular oil .

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”