Muffler sizes

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
solace

Muffler sizes

Post by solace »

Does anyone know what the outlet tip size is on the arospeed bomb muffler or maybe borla boomers? I'm looking for just a muffler cause i want to keep the stock tubing (for now) and I want a nice size outlet on a muffler to help create that type of vaccum effect for those of you who know what im getting at here. Sound isn't a concern for me cause i like loud cars but if it does what i want and isnt loud thats fine too!
Stevech_2001

Re: Muffler sizes

Post by Stevech_2001 »

the aerospeed bomb is 4.5 inch I believe they have silencer's that you can add or remove from the tip to kill noise on it.....the borla is going to be way better than a aerospeed...if your looking for cheap decent mufflers check out vibrants and ractive's canister style mufflers.....if you want a really aggresive look than check out a 5zigen fireball they look really good... but are alittle pricey
Steve
solace

Post by solace »

price isnt a big deal, will the 5zigen fireball replace an mx muffler easily? do you have all the specs on it or know who does such as size and performance specs?
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

<A HREF="http://www.importtuner.com/archives/tec ... ch01.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.importtuner.com/archives/tec ... 1.shtml</A> <P>that has a picture but don't pay attention to the hp's cause it's not a N/A car<BR>it has a 3.5 tip I beleive.....I've heard it on a prelude and it's mean....it sounded deep with a nice bark....it is pretty much the best you can buy...with custom bent tubing you looking at 5-10 hp to the wheels and it looks so damn nice Image
Steve
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

oh ya man they have universal fireball mufflers so any muffler shop can put it on no problem.....your going to want to get mandrel bent tubing to take full advantage of the muffler....
Steve

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”