Distributor Cap and Rotor Help?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
simo711

Distributor Cap and Rotor Help?

Post by simo711 »

Hey everyone,<P>I was just curious about who the brands names are for disty caps and rotors. I don't want to buy mazda...or should I since the cost is not that steep?<P>Let me know if there are any brands...I couldn't really find any.<P>Also, do you guys/gals think I should change them because ever since I bought the car at 67889 miles with no records I haven't had it done? I can do it myself...just curious.0<P>Thanks, Chris
mazda20

Re: Distributor Cap and Rotor Help?

Post by mazda20 »

For front brake rotors, I know that Powerslot makes a good set of slotted for about $109.00 US.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

oh wow. im not touchin that one. <P><BR>mazda is better than any aftermarket dist cap and rotor. go with the mazda parts
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
GuyverXL

Post by GuyverXL »

Screw that going with Mazda parts... You just gonna get ripped off... they charge too much, might as well go with aftermarket.<P>Just my 2 cents<P>A small correction on the Powerstop, they are actually $89USD each I was looking into buying them and got the quote from them.<P>The part # is jbr549<P>Thanks<BR>GXL
Mazda Mx-3 1996<BR>4cyl
renef

Post by renef »

You guys really crack me up.<P>Distributor Cap and Rotor<BR>-------------------------<P>Should be changed periodically.<P>I use the PepBoys stuff. Works for me. If you have the 4cyl, it's the same as the Mazda 323. $11 for the cap, $11 for the rotor.<P>Number your plug wires before you take them off. Or mark them.<P>DON'T TWIST THE ROTOR! It's a bit hard to pull out. So gently use a screwdriver to push it on either end until it comes out.<P>Put in the new one in the same position. Screw on the cap, put back the plug wires.<P>Check the plug wires the first couple of days. Sometimes the wires slip off the shiny clean plastic.<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
simo711

Post by simo711 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by renef:<BR><STRONG>Distributor Cap and Rotor<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Exactly, that is it...the disty cap and rotor...not brake rotors.<P>Thanks for the info RF...appreciate it and I will use it...but I don't buy from PEPBOYS...I'll just get it from another place.<P>Chris

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”