How much gas in our gas tanks????

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
simo711

How much gas in our gas tanks????

Post by simo711 »

Well, I have been waiting to post that and here is my chance. I have been driving short distance and long distance with my MX-3 1994 Automatic I4 and it only gets 240 miles per fill-up. I fill-up with about 8.50 gallons of gas.<P>I heard there was like 13 gallons or something in the MX-3 tanks? Is this right? 13 gallons in my gas tank?<P>I drive good and everything...and with 8.5 gallons with 240 miles per fill, that is like 29 miles/gallon which is really good. I'm just curious how many gallons there really are in the gas tank.<P>thanks, chris
dam2009

Re: How much gas in our gas tanks????

Post by dam2009 »

it is exactly 13.2 gallons (50L.)
simo711

Post by simo711 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dam2009:<BR><STRONG>it is exactly 13.2 gallons (50L.)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Then how am I only getting 8.5 gallons, max of maybe 9 gallons in my tank? How do I go about checking to see if something is wrong? After I drive the car, I go back to where the gas tank is and I can hear a sort of "blub blub" noise like the gas is just now going to where it needs to go!!...thanks, Chris
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

all models and years have a 13.2 gal tank.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
simo711

Post by simo711 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>all models and years have a 13.2 gal tank.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think I have a f**ked up gas tank!!! Someone tell me then, if we have a "13.2 gal tank", how do I go about checking to see if something is wrong?????????????<P>Chris
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

maybe you backed over something and bashed it in? pushing it in will limit your capacity. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Why don't you look in you're owner's manual to find the capacity. If you don't have one, wait till you're almost empty than fill up the tank.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i thought we had 11.3 gallon tanks [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
94MX3

Post by 94MX3 »

No ALL Mx-3's have a 13.2 gas tank but all of ours might not hold 13.2 :D
No Cop No Stop I Dont Care<P>Daniel Jones<BR>94' Mx-3 RS<BR>Blaze Red<BR>1.6L DOHC
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

The gas gauge isn't an accurate indicator. I think they made it that way to help people who try to wean their cars. The only way to find out the capacity of your tank is to let it completly dry then fill it up (I wouldn't recomend it).
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
Nickie

Post by Nickie »

Well, I don't know how big the tank is, apart from not big wnough, as I'm always in gas stations. I get around 240 miles to the tank as well (and mine's a V6) but hey, my gas costs more than yours.<P>Also, towards the bottom half of the tank, the gauge is up and down like a tart's knickers, so it's not exactly reliable. And I never let it get really low (it's a girly thing, I hate the thought of being stranded)<P>Maybe you have an air lock somewher in the lines? :)
Always ready for a race
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I know exactly what you mean. Whenever I get gas, I can fill up to 10 or 11 gallons at most. The thing is Mazda made a minor adjustment on the gas gauze so that the car don't stop when the gas gauze goes zero. When the gas gauze hit the lowest part, I see the orange lights turning on. Even with that, my car runs just fine, and I get about 10 gallons of gas.<P>bungo
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Then how am I only getting 8.5 gallons, max of maybe 9 gallons in my tank? How do I go about checking to see if something is wrong? After I drive the car, I go back to where the gas tank is and I can hear a sort of "blub blub" noise like the gas is just now going to where it needs to go!!...thanks, Chris<P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The Blub blub noise when the car is off is gas returning to the tank through the fuel pump. If you hear it when you're car is on then you probably have a leak somewhere in the system.<P>you wanna talk about something they should have recalled, how about that gas guage. at any given time i have no idea how much gas in the car. I just use the tripometer. When i hit 200... time to stop.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I am in Canada, and have a V6. I get about 390 Kilometers on my engine before I fill up, and thats about 40 Litres.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”