More problem w/ it almost stalling

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Shady469
Supporting Member

More problem w/ it almost stalling

Post by Shady469 »

my car has started doin this thing where if im coastin to a stop (clutch in) or stopped for that matter, i'll hear a click noise (sounds like something electronic turning on or off) and the idle will go to like 0 rpm, then it'll click again and come back up.<BR>its done it like 3 times in the past week and its not the shimmy shakey thing either cuz i fixed that when i got an RX-7 MAF.<BR>thanx in advance for any replies.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
djdaran

Re: More problem w/ it almost stalling

Post by djdaran »

Hmmm, I have no idea about electronics, but I can tell you that my rpm will slide down really low after stopping from REVERSE. <P>Your clicking noise may point to your air meter-thing (right above the air filter box). Cuz when I was fooling around with mine, I cut open the top rubber seal of that meter, and there are parts revealed that do make a clicking noise. When I contacted the sensitive metals inside, it would vary the idle. Something wrong here would make your idle go wrong. but I'm no expert on this.
94MX3

Re: More problem w/ it almost stalling

Post by 94MX3 »

What does your car idle at when in nuetral???
No Cop No Stop I Dont Care<P>Daniel Jones<BR>94' Mx-3 RS<BR>Blaze Red<BR>1.6L DOHC

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”