SOMEONE PLEASEHELP!!! ALARM'S GOING CRAZY!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
show-n-go

SOMEONE PLEASEHELP!!! ALARM'S GOING CRAZY!!

Post by show-n-go »

SH*T my girlfriend is driving her 1994 4cyl MX-3 home on the highway right now and the alarm's going off! How the hell do you disconnect it???<P>She'd (supposedly) had it disconnected a few years ago and we don't have the remote shutoff!!<P>SOMEONE HELP ME!!! OUR NEIGHBOURS ARE GOING TO KILL US!!! :(
MX-3 Extreme

Re: SOMEONE PLEASEHELP!!! ALARM'S GOING CRAZY!!

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

Look under the dash for the brain or a switch and turn the key to the on position and hit the switch and the alarm will go into valet mode. If you unplug the brain it will stop. If the alarm has a batterie backup then make sure you unplug everything including all the modules, follow the wires coming from under the stering colum near the top.<P>good luck<BR>Killermx3<BR>MECP first class certified<BR>certified electronic automotive tech
jeepdave

Post by jeepdave »

May be late but find the siren and yank the damn wires that'll fix it what i did to mine anyway lol :D
SLOW AND THE PISSED OFF<BR>(Take that Fast and the Furious)
renef

Post by renef »

Well, if you haven't done so already, clip one of the wires from the alarm horn.<P>2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.<P>3. Remove the alarm module. It should be a black plastic box hidden under the dash on the driver's side. (not the thing with the key holes).<P>4. Since I was modifying my MX-3, I literally ripped out all of the alarm and radio components. Including that thing with the key holes. Does not affect the rest of the systems in the car.<P>options:<P>The factory radio is also involved with the whole factory alarm setup. Most of us MX3'ers remove the radio and get a nice CD receiver. <P>We also get a better alarm system.<P>If you decide no to either of these options, that's ok too.<BR>go get an engine swap and forget about the alarm and the radio... Turbo is lots more fun.<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”