K and N air filters?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
canadian_ice

K and N air filters?

Post by canadian_ice »

Hi,<P>I think that's what they're called....$100 at Canadian Tire.<P>How much does this help performance?<P>I also saw a $60 exhaust tip that makes your exhaust sound louder...are they any good?<P>THANKS!
David Witherow

Re: K and N air filters?

Post by David Witherow »

the k&n filters are good.....and the exaust tips wont make your exaust louder no matter what anyone tells you.....
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

hey I work at CT in ottawa (coventry)<BR>i have k&n filter on my car ,,, it really works , plus you dont have to worry about buying new one again you pay a 100$ <BR>but you save on gas, and it last forever.
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

Why so much for the K&N? I am pretty sure that I paid around $50 CDN for one to go into a Volvo. I was thinking about changing to K&N when I have to replace the current filter, but now I am having second thoughts about it. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Well I saw others ranging from different prices...the $94 seemed the best cause it costs the most :)<P>I know jack about them! Just wondering how much better they'd make performance.
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

hey i dont know what the hell you guys are talkn about!!! i had a k&n which produced a little more power but it was a rip off. i found a new adaptor...there all over ebay. it makes it so you can use a conestyle filter and eliminate the factory airbox. i only payed 25$ for it and it came with a airfilter. i took the k&n out and this thing showed it up bad. its way to easy to put in to spend a 100$ for a filetr to go in a factory airbox. i took my k&n out and sold it on ebay for 10$ after only 3,000miles. look into it youll be very glad that you did.
too much s--- to list!
nitebatman

Post by nitebatman »

What is the brand name of that adapter? I just bought a K&N filter and now I am having second thoughts. Maybe I should have done the adapter thing instead. Do you know where I can get any more information about it?
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

go to ebay and search under mx-3 or mx3. they are all over it. the filter mine came with was a hyper, but thats not the concern, you need the adaptor thats the important peice. after you get it you can add whatever kind of filter you so desire ractive/k&n/weapon r it doesnt matter the peice alone qas well worth 25$ to me
too much s--- to list!
back alley

Post by back alley »

if u r gonna use JUST a filter then k&n r very good. they are made of cloth not paper - they can be cleaned and oiled - they let in more air than standard paper and have a 1 million mile warranty. in western canada, at partsource, they go for $90. apparently the hp is uped by about 6. check out the k&n website.
farney

Post by farney »

Be careful with just using a cone style filter on the end of an adapter. The filter may rub against other parts damaging it. Also, I noticed a LOSS in power with the adapter\cone filter setup on my 92RS. It sucks in heat from the engine bay which is very bad as any experienced car person will tell you. You are better off keeping the airbox and replacing that filter.<P>Farn
White 1992 MX-3 RS. Pacesetter exhaust, custom intake, and custom rear lower tie bar.
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

i've never heard before that using high flow cone will decrease your HP!!!!! :D <BR>so get rib of that little box and put some hot stuff

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”