Superchargers

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
powerman_5000

Superchargers

Post by powerman_5000 »

Does anyone know if the jackson racing supercharger for the maita would be able to fit into a mx-3? Somewhere on the net I seen someone with a supercharged mx-3, but can't quite remember where.
Shady469
Supporting Member

Re: Superchargers

Post by Shady469 »

The miata SC will not work on our motor(some people had this discussion in the forced induction forum).<BR>The guy with the supercharged MX-3 used a Vortech SC for a Civic.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

if the miata sc will not work and it is almost identical to the mx3 engine, then how the h@ll is the civic sc going to be better being the exact opposite?????
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

The Vortech Supercharger is kind of a turbo wanna be, meaning it only kind of works with the belts. And since the Civic motor is the EXACT opposite that is how it can work: it's just flipped around.<BR>Check out <A HREF="http://www.mazdamaniac.com/" TARGET=_blank>www.mazdamaniac.com/</A> <BR>thats jeff abrams sight
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

since this question was related to the 4 cyl i dont see how this web site would help. his sc is flipped around because he is using the only available space in his engine compartment. with the amount of fabrication that the gs has to go through I dont see why u say the miata sc cant be adapted to the rs. after all the major difference between the jr and the vortec is that the jr is longer. they are both driven by belts and accomplish the same thing. in my opinion the jr would be easier to adapt to the rs mx3 than the vortech to the gs,---way easier [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

ok, i'll break it down for you from my standpoint: In the FORCED INDUCTION forum(where this topic should be) two people said they called Jackson Racing and both reported the same thing: There is no way it will work on the mx-3. That's the info i'm going off of.<BR>Also i posted that sight because that's the sight powerman probly saw.<p>[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: Shady469 ]
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

I still think you are all crazy if you dont think that the JR supercharger cant be used. It wouldnt take too much to make it work. I mean really, the only reason someone says it isnt possible if because they are afraid of a little fabrication. And I bet the only reason that the JR people say that it wont work is because its not a direct bolt-on and they dont want to be held responsible for anything that happens because they say that it COULD..... Just my point of view.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX3RS:<BR><STRONG>I still think you are all crazy if you dont think that the JR supercharger cant be used. It wouldnt take too much to make it work. I mean really, the only reason someone says it isnt possible if because they are afraid of a little fabrication. And I bet the only reason that the JR people say that it wont work is because its not a direct bolt-on and they dont want to be held responsible for anything that happens because they say that it COULD..... Just my point of view.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The main problem is fitment. There isnt enough room behind the engine to fit the blower/manifold in there. Pullies can be routed, but it would be eaiser to buy a stock blower from Magnuson, and do everything else yourself than to buy a prefab'd kit that you will only be able to use 10% of. It would be like buying an entire civic turbo kit just for the turbo, and intercooler core.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

it would mount in front not the rear. it mounts above the exhaust manifold. minor mods needed.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedmx:<BR><STRONG>it would mount in front not the rear. it mounts above the exhaust manifold. minor mods needed.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>And where are you gonna put the plumbing between the two? There isnt enough clearance on the left side of the engine bay to route it under the hood.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

there is a good 4- 5 inches to work with. i have had to work down there, believe me I know it is tight but very possible. i know hood clearance would be a problem but that wouldnt stop me if i was interested in getting a sc. thats what they make scoops for. besides i was just commenting on the placement of the sc. oh and about the rest of the kit -- all of it would be used except hard piping, except maybe if it has a plug-in boost retard unit, which are mostly universal with a plug , to fit a miata harness. all of this doesnt matter because sc's can be picked up alone for cheaper. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”