Cold weather and Intakes

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
kalynn12

Cold weather and Intakes

Post by kalynn12 »

Hey,<BR> I live in a rather cold area. Winter can be anywhere from +8 to -30 Degrees. I want to change my intake(either PRM or a custom) but i want to know how my engine will be affected when it hits -30. That is extremely cold air. Has anyone had any problems?<BR>Thanks
YES this IS my car, NO you can't drive it.<P>Jessica McDowell<BR>1993 MX-3 RS<BR>ICQ:111958082
bslenderpeak

Re: Cold weather and Intakes

Post by bslenderpeak »

I was thinking the same thing on my MX, I'm just going to wait for the warm weather to do anything like that to it. If you go ahead and do that it's going to cost you a lot in gas money over the winter
'95 Blue Creek Mica RS<BR>Vermont
Deano96GS

Post by Deano96GS »

Curious about this as well,<BR>Can the PRM be used in the winter? I heard of problems such as Moisture getting in and salt, etc.. leading to prioblems? How does the intake affect gas mileage, in the winter, and in the summer? Thanks Everyone,<BR>I just dont think its worth it if i want to drive my car in the winter, and have to Change my intake/airbox every season.
Deano, 1996 Black GS<BR>http://members.shaw.ca/mx-three
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

not sure about the moisture and salt but the cold air intakes do not make that much of a difference in the winter. your stock air box will also see the colder temps, just a couple degrees warmer. anyways the colder the better in my opinion ;)
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

I had my PRM in for a winter and summer in my old RS and it was fine. In both seasons I had better gas milage with it on. cold air improved performance a tiny bit. no salt or water got into it. :roll:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”