dist. problem

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Dwayne

dist. problem

Post by Dwayne »

I just purchased a 1994 MX3 I thought it would make a great commuter car after driving it for about 3 weeks the car would not start. Mazda does not sell any parts for the dist. other than tune up parts. I had to search about 20 salvage yards for a new dist. and I payed $75.00 vs $400.00 for a new one from Mazda the car now runs great.
polak_gino

Re: dist. problem

Post by polak_gino »

i feel ur pain bro<P>but if u think that is bad listen to my story.. ok my and my dada went looking for a car for me to buy. we found my mx-3. so we took it for a test drive and everything was fine, so we decided to buy it. we came back two days latter to pick it up , half way home it stalled at the light and wouldnt start. we eventually found out it was the distributer. so a couple days later i bought a new one for $375 and put it in. when i went to pick it up from the garage half way home again it stalled at the lights. at this point i thought i bought myself a lemon. i decided to give it one more chance. i replaced the distributer for the second time. that was about a year and 3 months ago, i haven't had any probs since.
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
MX3FromLondon

Re: dist. problem

Post by MX3FromLondon »

I may have same problem with 92MX3 1.6DOHC.<BR>No start, no ignition. Module swap did not fix.<P>Just posted detailed question(s) on the 4Cyl tech board. Would really appreciate any suggestions, insights, etc.<P>I have driven a lot of cars for a lot of years, and have never had a distribtor failure. Anything else I should be aware of with this 92 MX3 5spd 1.6 Only 120000km's.<P>Thanks all!<BR> :roll:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”