Rx-7 part for Mx-3?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Manach

Rx-7 part for Mx-3?

Post by Manach »

Hiya<P>Well, a person I know blow his engine in is 88 Rx-7. I tried to check the board if any posts talk about parts of a Rx-7 that might be able to fit the Mx-3.<P>I got a Soch right now.<P>Can you correct me if I am wrong on those mods.<P>-Read somewhere that the fuel pump might be bolt-ons. Which mean more gaz to the engine. With more gaz, then mod for more Air to the engine equal more Power (HP).<P>-Those cars aren't using Drum brakes, but disks. So I'm thinking of a convertion to put disk to all wheels. It might be rough though, but the breaking sensation seems better.<P>Now, those two might be my top priority. But is there some other parts that might be good?<P>Thanks for any help.
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
OsoSlo z28

Re: Rx-7 part for Mx-3?

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

unless you're into heavty autocross, you really won't feel the rear discs. drums are fine for moderate racing....it just looks better. the fuel pump might fit. you'll have to check that out, cause i think some models don't. but unless you're going the forced induction route or poppin' giggle, you really don't need a bigger fuel pump. just an intake and a header won't require a bigger pump. the ecu reads the amount of air and adjusts the fuel accordingly.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
shanerboy77

Post by shanerboy77 »

No way that you will fit Rx-7 brakes on your Mx-3. the best way to do that is to put a RX-7 rearend under you car. But that will be hard to do since the RX-7 is RW drive. But if you have the time and the money good luck. And for the fuel pump well let me get back to you. Want more fuel replace the injectors.
S.B.77
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

i have saw a mx-3 with a rotary engine breaking speed record in Sport Compact Cars magazine<BR> :cool:
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

IF your referring to Marcos Alcosta, he has been beaten many times.
bslenderpeak

Post by bslenderpeak »

Shannerboy I agree with on the fuel injectors, but saying to put the WHOLE REAR END in out of an RX7 is obserd. Bear in mind Fuel Injectors aren't cheap on any cars I imagine there a fortune for an MX3. If you think you need more fuel pressure I've heard capping of PRC sol.#1 and #2, and port #1 on the fuel pressure regulator then supplying vacuum to port #2 straight from the intake manifold will give you 50psi of fuel all the time. Your timing would need to be advanced I'd think and maybe your check engine light would come on(not sure on check engine). I'm anxious myself to hear about someone who's done this (I haven't tried it). A question I had with RX7parts /MX3 parts was I saw someone with an RX7 put a MX3 rear hatch on it? They can't fit eachother huh?
'95 Blue Creek Mica RS<BR>Vermont

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”