HEADLIGHT FOG!!!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jayhart_37

HEADLIGHT FOG!!!!!

Post by jayhart_37 »

Hey there. I am new to this whole site/ topic thing as I am a new mx-3 owner. After rolling my civic I recently purchased a 95 creek blue mica mx-3 rs. It's not a bad car, though it is a little sluggish, even after a full tune up!<BR>My question is how to clean up the headlights. They have this scum/algea/fog on them that is rather hideous. They just look fogged over and I'm sure they came quite clear brand new. Just wondering how to get it off. I tried some powerful cleaners but that really didn't do much. I am told that a rubbing compound might help. Any ideas???????<BR>I notice that many precidia's have this! Rather ugly! Talk to me!<BR> :eek:
jay<BR>95 mx-3<BR>blue creek mica
danjou

Re: HEADLIGHT FOG!!!!!

Post by danjou »

Two words,<P>Blue Magic. <P>You should be able to get it at most any auto parts place (got mine at Auto Zone) anyway, its a plastic and plexiglass polisher. The bottles white and the stuff looks brown like Brasso polish. Wipe it on and elbow grease it off and you won't believe the difference.
DVH

Post by DVH »

I'll tell u what i did and go and check out my car at my web site and see what u think ! <P>k, i first used bug and tar remover on them for a good 10 minutes on both lights.<P>after that , i simply used swirl and scratch remover polish , which u can buy anywhere(walmart, crappy tire) and i put that on usually on hte 3rd or 4th time i wash my car, <P>i thought it worked good! but u go and see if its worth it or not? later :eek:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Kim 95' V6 DK

Post by Kim 95' V6 DK »

just buy glass headlights LOL :D :D :D
<I>Why get a car whith more than two doors when your not running a daytime kindergarten</I>
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Im using blue coral plastic polis from autozone. Works great.
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

congratulations on seeing the light and not getting another SHITVIC, ur car might be a lil sluggish but start lookin around at the sight and u can find sum mods to do, make em quick, u also have a 4cyl so thats a biggy, ya shoulda went with the GS v6 thats what i got, but anyway have fun with that car, slap a bunch of posts up here and get sum help if u need it, later man
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

Is the nasty stuff on the interior or exterior of the headlights? If it's on the exterior, try Meguiar's Cleaner wax -- it's $4.99 a bottle, and you can find it anywhere (AutoZone, Wal-Mart). Worked wonders for my headlights, and there were hideous!<P>Rai.
SaiDaFrenteMX3

Post by SaiDaFrenteMX3 »

i got the answer for that what I did and it worked great was that i took the lights out and sanded them down until o got a white heavy haze all you do is sand it down with a not so big grid of sandpaper and youclean it! then after that you get the best clear coat spay out there give it one coat and it looks great. The reason for the yellow fog was that there is tiny scratches in the plastic andinside the scratches is dirt and pollen just sand that all off then applay a clear coat!
Xx(DualCam4MX-3)xX
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

GOTO walmart get Blue coral or 3m plastic polish. Don't sand your lights.
bslenderpeak

Post by bslenderpeak »

Yes don't sand your lights. Also with all of this windex and Mr. clean your making them worse. Listen to Danjou "Blue Magic". I've also on flat and not so impotrant pieces of plexiglass (snowmobile, motorcycle)fire polished (with torches)it to crystal clear ,but I wouldn't risk it on my headlights(I'd probably catch the car on fire) :eek:
'95 Blue Creek Mica RS<BR>Vermont

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”