The B6T Engine

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Shady469
Supporting Member

The B6T Engine

Post by Shady469 »

I Know the base #'s on the B6T, and how much corksport sells it for, and that upon inquiry that's the only real direct swap engine they have to offer. I've talked to the guy at corksport but haven't gotten any real answers: been told to go online and send an e-mail(to which I get no response). So here are my questions: Will i have to get a new computer? It has 132hp but at what psi is that? is this turbo easily upgradable/tunable ? Should I consider the BP turbo? and along with that what will that swap involve.<BR>Thanx in advance<BR>I just read that it's prone to thermal cracking between the 2nd and 3rd cyl. is this true? Nitrious is sadly starting to look like an option<p>[ September 25, 2001: Message edited by: Shady469 ]
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
OsoSlo z28

Re: The B6T Engine

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

from what i've found out about the bpt motor is that you can use the stock b6 ecu but get a piggy-back boost controller. the wiring harness fits except there isn't a knock sensor. the flywheel and clutch assymbly are interchangeable(but you'll want to get a performance clutch) as well as accessories(ie,powersteering, starter, alternator, distributor). the harness for the injectors are interchangeable as well. the motor fits the stock motor mounts and mounts up to the stock tranny. the F25M-R tranny (MX-3 RS tranny) is actually a pretty strong tranny. you'll want to get a smaller radiator(323) so you can squeeze your intercooler in and keep the piping as short as possible. if you can source a bpt ecu and harness you'll be doing even better. you'll also need to address your fuel delivery setup. you can get a fuel pressure regulator but you would be best off getting a better fuel pump. i've been told the rx-7,eclipse/talon(turbo version i'm guessing)and civics will work. you'll also have to do a custom setup on the exhaust becuase i don't believe it lines up right. it's a good idea to go ahead and increase your exhaust diameter anyway.<P>[ September 25, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]<p>[ September 25, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: The B6T Engine

Post by cjthor »

Damn!!<BR> Seems like someone has done this before? I am seriously looking into this swap and am in need of some help. Have you done this and do you have pics?? Any and all info would be appreciated! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>from what i've found out about the bpt motor is that you can use the stock b6 ecu but get a piggy-back boost controller. the wiring harness fits except there isn't a knock sensor. the flywheel and clutch assymbly are interchangeable(but you'll want to get a performance clutch) as well as accessories(ie,powersteering, starter, alternator, distributor). the harness for the injectors are interchangeable as well. the motor fits the stock motor mounts and mounts up to the stock tranny. the F25M-R tranny (MX-3 RS tranny) is actually a pretty strong tranny. you'll want to get a smaller radiator(323) so you can squeeze your intercooler in and keep the piping as short as possible. if you can source a bpt ecu and harness you'll be doing even better. you'll also need to address your fuel delivery setup. you can get a fuel pressure regulator but you would be best off getting a better fuel pump. i've been told the rx-7,eclipse/talon(turbo version i'm guessing)and civics will work. you'll also have to do a custom setup on the exhaust becuase i don't believe it lines up right. it's a good idea to go ahead and increase your exhaust diameter anyway.<P>[ September 25, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]<P>[ September 25, 2001: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”